I came across this cabinet that I thought was on the not so pretty side at an auction. I guess others felt the same because no one wanted it, and I scored it for $5!
I originally started on the project many months ago, but other things came up & I had other projects that took my attention away from this.
I first painted it barn red, added the tin ceiling tiles that were once brand new in shiny silver. I used metal effects from Modern Masters to transform them to a patina look. (they look nothing like that now). I had planned on just doing a rustic makeover on the piece to sell. But, then something better in my mind came along...
I had received some paint samples from General Finishes to try. I had completed this dresser with it, loved it, and so decided this would be it... You can see the dresser makeover here - http://www.onfernavenue.com/2015/02/antique-wavy-dresser-in-green-patina.html