14 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 14 of 14 comments
  • Yamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
    Oh my god this is beautiful!!! What paint do you use? Do you also create the stencils yourself?
  • JL Spring & Associates
    AHHH, so the "carpet" WAS the stencil! REALLY Neat-o Kiddo! JL
  • Caitlin M
    Caitlin M North Bend, WA
    Love! What type of flooring is underneath? I would like to paint our old hardwood, but my hubby thinks I'm nuts...I just want to give it a white washed beach/shabby chic look or something...He just wants to stay sooo neutral and safe. I want to
  • DIY Show Off
    DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    Caitlin - it's a plywood subfloor.

Thanks everyone!

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Who needs flooring.

CP

• Shane Tallant
    Shane Tallant Nashville, TN
    Gulp! Now thats a commitment. Looks great, but It's not for everybody. Is the paint removable for re-sale? Don't get me wrong, I think its beautiful, but inquiring minds want to know.
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.
    Excuse the drama but it's just the subfloor that can look like anything when it's painted and be functional. Desperation brings out creativity, transforming the basic out of the box, and it sure beats nasty carpet!
  • Itsreally C
    Itsreally C Marietta, GA
    at the turn of the last century, many floors were painted - easier to keep clean, more attractive than bare wood, fairly inexpensive - the downside was little resistance to traffic - paint isn't a suitable walk-on-me surfacing agent - but before it all
  • Garden Rebel / Sims Landscaping, Co.
    I love it! walking on artwork is a great idea,reall beautiful!
  • DIY Show Off
    DIY Show Off Pittsburgh, PA
    This is a temporary solution and will be covered with hardwood when it's in the budget and it's a subfloor - no need to remove the paint. It also is actually durable to walk on with the polycrilic sealant/protectant. Our bathroom floor has been painted
  • Carol M
    Carol M Mason City, IA
    What a fabulous job. I love how you used your creativity for a beautiful interim floor.
  • WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
    What a great idea to make due with what you have until you can install what you really want.
  • Kristen W
    I saw this on your blog - Absolutely beautiful!
  • Nora
    Nora Virginia Beach, VA
    Nice work, Roeshel!
DIY Show Off

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing