DIY Charging Station Using Ikea's Fintorp System

This may sound a bit anal but I can not stand cell phones and cell phone charges all up on the kitchen counter. While Corey is well aware of my hatred towards kitchen counter clutter (try saying that five times fast) our guests are not, so whenever they’re over they tend to charge their phones in the kitchen.
Since our guests seem to prefer the outlets in the kitchen over any other room in the house and I happen to hate having their stuff all over my counter I decided to figure out a way that both parties can be happy.
I also really needed wanted to go to Ikea.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Ikea Fintorp Flatware Caddy
Ikea Fintorp Hook
Ikea Fintorp Wire Basket w/Handle
Ikea Fejka Artificial potted plant (optional)
screws
vinyl decal (optional)
Step 1:
Determine where you want your charging station. This area in the kitchen is perfect because it won’t be in the way of anything and there’s a handy dandy plug right there.
To see the rest of the tutorial visit my blog post!
What I love about this system is that it’s easily customizable. I decided to go with the basket in the middle because some of our friends and family bring their iPads over and this basket is big enough to hold iPads. If I get tired of the fake plants I can just take those out and store other stuff in the caddies or I can remove the wire basket and use another caddy for the phones.
You can do whatever butters your biscuit.

To see more: http://polkadotsinthecountry.com/2015/05/guest-postcharging-station/

• Sandra Jackson Warren
    Great idea. Tried to find the Ikea Fintorp wire basket with handle online and couldn't find it. Is it a store-only item? I don't have an Ikea in my area
  • Mandy Hess Taggart
    I love this idea! I just had to comment on the first picture though....it's so very dangerous to plug a crock pot in like this, at least with kids around. Children have been severely scalded by pulling a crockpot down on themselves by the cord.
  • Our Peaceful Planet
    Our Peaceful Planet Hot Springs National Park, AR
    Very clever!
  • Joni Kinsey
    Joni Kinsey Hoquiam, WA
    That's clever! I don't mind people charging their phones, but the first question usually is "where'd I plug my phone at" so this will make it a simple search..lol
  • Sandra Sheldon Hawn
    Your like doesn't work...
Louise at Home