How to Upcycle a Small Crib into a Stylish, Highly Functional New Piece of Furniture

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
My favorite part about this project is that an existing piece, that couldn't be used in its existing form was transformed it into a practical, functional and surprisingly unique piece of furniture. Obsolete baby furniture is turning up all over the place, and with a little vision these pieces can be upcycled and repurposed into interesting commodity furniture.
Time: 1 Day Cost: $6 Difficulty: Moderate
  • After photo of crib upcycled into a storage unit with magazine hanging rack
  • Small, obsolete crib found at the curb

To see more:

• Ann Edmondson
    Ann Edmondson Canton, TX
    Not only is this a great idea for a magazine rack but could also be painted with a waterproof paint and placed in the bathroom as a towel rack. Just remove a couple extra rods on top to allow breathing room.
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    This is a dream come true for a craft room - well done, and what a fantastic idea!
  • KathrynElizabeth Etier
    Great idea. Now I wish I had saved those cribs from 40 years ago!
  • Joe Strachan
    Joe Strachan Vincent, AL
    I just love this idea!
  • Beth Hoff
    Beth Hoff Middleton, WI
    Fantastic Idea!
  • Judy P
    Judy P Canton, MS
    I have this crib in the attic and have wondered what to do with it. Now I know! Great idea!
  • Color It Simple
    Color It Simple Concord, NC
    so creative, just love it!!!
  • Gail Salminen
    Cristin Frank - great idea, haven't seen this one before. Very nice piece, thanks for posting.
  • Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee
    I love projects like this! Great job!
  • .
    . Albert, OK
    You should share a picture of that here Rebecca.
  • Tanya P
    Tanya P Canada
    Now that is creativity!! Great job at repurposing.
  • Rebecca Glenn
    Rebecca Glenn Kansas City, MO
    I found a crib on Craigs List that had been recalled due to safety problems and converted it into a dog bed. I cut the legs to make them shorter and took the front part off altogether. Now the dog bed isn't just a pile of blankets in the corner but an
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    You could even use the sides as a magazine rack. The kind that you just slip a magazine over the rail.
  • Trish F
    Trish F Kansas City, MO
    very clever
  • Reposhture Studio - Kim
    Reposhture Studio - Kim Pittsburgh, PA
    This is kinda beyond Brilliant!
Cristin Frank

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post