Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 03.17.14

How to Upcycle a Small Crib into a Stylish, Highly Functional New Piece of Furniture

My favorite part about this project is that an existing piece, that couldn't be used in its existing form was transformed it into a practical, functional and surprisingly unique piece of furniture. Obsolete baby furniture is turning up all over the place, and with a little vision these pieces can be upcycled and repurposed into interesting commodity furniture.
Time: 1 Day Cost: $6 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://eveofreduction.com/a-small-crib-gets-upcycled-into-a-stylish-highly-functional-new-piece-of-furniture/

18 Comments Displaying 15 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • Haveone, will use your idea-- thanks.
  • Gloria K Little Falls, MN
    Great way to recycle..Great job & idea Cristin!
  • Reposhture Studio - Kim Pittsburgh, PA
    This is kinda beyond Brilliant!
  • Trish F Kansas City, MO
    very clever
  • Jan M Toledo, OR
    You could even use the sides as a magazine rack. The kind that you just slip a magazine over the rail.
  • I found a crib on Craigs List that had been recalled due to safety problems and converted it into a dog bed. I cut the legs to make them shorter and took the front part off altogether. Now the dog bed isn't just a pile of blankets in the corner but an
  • Tanya P Canada
    Now that is creativity!! Great job at repurposing.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You should share a picture of that here Rebecca.
  • I love projects like this! Great job!
  • Cristin Frank - great idea, haven't seen this one before. Very nice piece, thanks for posting.
  • Color It Simple Concord, NC
    so creative, just love it!!!
  • Judy P Canton, MS
    I have this crib in the attic and have wondered what to do with it. Now I know! Great idea!
  • Beth Hoff Middleton, WI
    Fantastic Idea!
  • Joe Strachan Vincent, AL
    I just love this idea!
  • Great idea. Now I wish I had saved those cribs from 40 years ago!