How to Upcycle a Small Crib into a Stylish, Highly Functional New Piece of Furniture

inspiration 5 days ago
My favorite part about this project is that an existing piece, that couldn't be used in its existing form was transformed it into a practical, functional and surprisingly unique piece of furniture. Obsolete baby furniture is turning up all over the place, and with a little vision these pieces can be upcycled and repurposed into interesting commodity furniture.
Time: 1 Day Cost: $6 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://eveofreduction.com/a-small-crib-gets-upcycled-into-a-stylish-highly-functional-new-piece-of-furniture/

• Reposhture Studio - Kim
    Reposhture Studio - Kim Pittsburgh, PA
    This is kinda beyond Brilliant!
  • Trish F
    Trish F Kansas City, MO
    very clever
  • Jan M
    Jan M Toledo, OR
    You could even use the sides as a magazine rack. The kind that you just slip a magazine over the rail.
  • Rebecca Glenn
    I found a crib on Craigs List that had been recalled due to safety problems and converted it into a dog bed. I cut the legs to make them shorter and took the front part off altogether. Now the dog bed isn't just a pile of blankets in the corner but an
  • Tanya P
    Tanya P Canada
    Now that is creativity!! Great job at repurposing.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    You should share a picture of that here Rebecca.
  • Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee
    I love projects like this! Great job!
  • Gail Salminen
    Cristin Frank - great idea, haven't seen this one before. Very nice piece, thanks for posting.
  • Color It Simple
    Color It Simple Concord, NC
    so creative, just love it!!!
  • Judy P
    Judy P Canton, MS
    I have this crib in the attic and have wondered what to do with it. Now I know! Great idea!
  • Beth Hoff
    Beth Hoff Middleton, WI
    Fantastic Idea!
  • Joe Strachan
    Joe Strachan Vincent, AL
    I just love this idea!
  • KathrynElizabeth Etier
    Great idea. Now I wish I had saved those cribs from 40 years ago!
  • Valerie
    Valerie South Africa
    This is a dream come true for a craft room - well done, and what a fantastic idea!
  • Ann Edmondson
    Ann Edmondson Canton, TX
    Not only is this a great idea for a magazine rack but could also be painted with a waterproof paint and placed in the bathroom as a towel rack. Just remove a couple extra rods on top to allow breathing room.
Cristin Frank