Make Your Own Reusable Swiffer Cloths!

Home crafty 01.29.16
I use my Swiffer sweeper a whole lot and buying those disposable cloths can really add up. Here's a way to make your self a whole bunch of cloths that can be washed and reused, quickly and very inexpensively!

To see more: http://creeklinehouse.blogspot.ca/2013/01/make-your-own-reusable-swiffer-cloths.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Janine
    Janine Swansboro, NC
    Neat idea! I currently use dollar store fuzzy socks which I just slip/stretch over the end.
  • Rochelle
    Rochelle Wa Keeney, KS
    what about using old sweats, the " inside part" should provide some scrub! I actually like towels. When cutting them , you will need to finish the edge or it will shed and unravel.
  • Jerrie C
    Jerrie C Angelus Oaks, CA
    I sew a lot with fleece and now I know what I can use with all those left over pieces not big enought to sew with. thanks.
  • LoEtta yaden
    LoEtta yaden Longview, WA
    Thank you very much love the idea
  • Paula Chapman
    Paula Chapman Lincolnton, NC
    Awesome idea!!! Thank you!!!
  • Pat Barrett
    Pat Barrett Schenectady, NY
    Great Idea thanks

• Norma Kuisle
    Norma Kuisle Cocoa Beach, FL
    I found a knockoff for the Swiffer refills at Dollar tree (wet & dry ones)
  • Dorothy R
    I've been making my own Swiffer cloths for ages.I do like the smell of the store bought ones but my dog was having an allergic reaction to the cleaner. So, I make my own cloths and use white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Does a great job!
  • Beverley Rowe
    Great idea. Think I'll try it!
  • Jamie Goodwin
    Jamie Goodwin Nederland, TX
    Thanks, but ive been doing this for some time now. Its a great way to save money.
  • Jan Price
    Jan Price Pearl, MS
    This is the best tip I have had in years! Thanks!
  • Lynn Lawson
    Lynn Lawson Calhoun, GA
    I used paper towels (the cheap kinds) and didn't mind throwing them away when I was done. I've also used drier sheets and loved the scent.Now I'm looking at fleece although I have 3 dogs who shed. I figure if I swiffer with chlorox, the hair will come up
  • Brenda R
    Brenda R Salado, TX
    I have a Clorox Wet Mop that sprays the cleaner onto the floor and you then mop. The refills are not available in my area anymore. This fleece material should work for my Clorox mop also.
  • Lori P
    I've been doing this for a while now. Bought a bit of clearance blanket fleece at the fabric store for a couple dollars! Works great! Can be sprayed with Endust to get even the finest dust particles.
  • CreekLineHouse .
    Darlene Bingham I have 2 cats and often babysit dogs too. The hairs seem to come right out in the wash and get caught up in the lint collector in the dryer. They never get
CreekLineHouse .