Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 4 days ago

Vintage Button Snowflake

I have a jar of vintage buttons and just like snowflakes, no two are alike. I made a snowflake to display some of the buttons. The buttons were glued onto a wooden snowflake base and a piece of vintage seam binding used as a hanger. I'll hang the snowflake on our Christmas tree next year but I'll also keep it out to enjoy year round.

To see more: http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2013/01/etceteras-vintage-button-snowflake.html

16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • Redfly Creations Forney, TX
    Now this is creative! I enjoyed reading your blog post Carolyn. Thank you!
  • Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you so much FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna and Redfly Creations. You both made my day!
  • Jean Butte, MT
    Ooooo....that is so clever and beautiful! Nicely done! I can see my tree next year done in a mass of these snowflakes, both big and small!
  • Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Jean that would be so pretty to have a tree full of these snowflakes!
  • This is so pretty Carolyn!! What a clever idea!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    This is just so perfect Carolyn. I love snowflakes AND buttons.
  • Brenda Clark Lonoke, AR
    I really like the snow flake idea! Think I'll try using a wooden heart for Valentines!
  • Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you so much! @Brenda Clark what a great idea. Vintage button hearts for Valentines would be so pretty. I can't wait to see them.
  • Jan M Noble, OK
    I have a lot of buttons like that as well that I've had for years. Didn't know why I was keeping them, but now I know! This is beautiful! What a wonderful idea!
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    What a beautiful idea. Now to go thrift storing for jars of buttons.Oops I forgot I promised hubby not to start any more project, big or small until the upstairs is completed. A pattern like that would look good on a lampshade for my sewing table though.
  • Carolyn ~ homework Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you Jan M! Kelly S I know what you mean... hubbies like us to finish up projects but when we're inspired we just have to start on a new project!!!
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    I like your snowflake idea on a lampshade and there is another lamp shade cover made from a thriftstore sweater, both are inshades of white. I'm seeing a trend here for my redone craft room.
  • These are absolutely beautiful!
  • Pieced Pastimes Kingston, NH
    This is such a pretty way to use vintage buttons!
  • Valerie South Africa
    Gorgeous!