Hometalk.com

Spice Rack Ideas 08.06.13

"LIving Spice Rack" on Home & Family Show, Hallmark Channel with Shirley Bovshow!

Hi Friends!

I invite you to watch my gardening segment, tomorrow on the Home & Family show, airing on the Hallmark Channel on Tuesday, 1/15/13 at 8AM EST.

The Living Spice Rack is an original vertical garden system that I designed that frees up floor space so you can grow lots of herbs and greens, indoors or out!

I use a repurposed tomato cage and this "spice rack" even spins, like a spice rack should!

Thanks for watching.

Shirley Bovshow

13 Comments Displaying 13 of 13 comments
  • Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    Eden Maker Garden Design looking forward to it! I will pin and share around as well.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh I wish you'd have posted this sooner so I could have set the recorder. I didn't see it until just now.
  • Eden Maker Garden Design Woodland Hills, CA
    Hi Becky. Thanks for your comment. Here's a link to the project instructions and I'll post the video here later today when the show uploads it to their website.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh good! Thank you Shirley!
    My pleasure Becky. It's such a simple project that saves so much floor space, everyone should make one! Let me know if you have any questions.
    Here's a link to the video on how to make the living herb rack. Sorry they don't offer embedding or I would post it in HomeTalk!

http://hallmarkchannel.com/homeandfamily/vid...

• Becky Blair, NE
    Shirley that is amazing! I can't wait until spring to start one. Wishing I'd have let hubby talk me into ceramic tile in the Sunroom now.
    Becky- Do it!
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    What a great idea! Takes up such a minimal amount of space and adds height to the landscape while providing fresh herbs. Love it.
    Dear Sondra,

Thanks for your comment! Do you grow any edibles indoors?

• Sondra A Janesville, WI
    A few but not as much as I'd like because I would like to use fresh herbs year round. Right now I am not organized enough and have the space set up right where I can do it. Plus the sun is not coming in the right windows very well. In Wis. I found I need
    Sondra, all the factors you mentioned are important considerations. I hope you are able to enjoy some indoor plants in any case while you wait out the winter!
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Just noticed you're in Woodland Hills. I used to live there many years ago. Yes, I still enjoy indoor plants as I have always been quite a plant person. I am reorganizing things so I can have more edibles, though. I feel so much better when I am amongst
  • Likes

Anna Hanley CjandAmy Dickerson Alice Vick Terri J Robbie Mary Beth Jeanette S Laurie M Donna Dixson Janet Jordan Eugenia Bednar