Easy Lampshade Makeover With a Thrift Store Sweater! | Hometalk
231K Views

Easy Lampshade Makeover With a Thrift Store Sweater!

231K Views
Since it's been on my mind to create a cozy cable knit sweater lampshade I headed to the Thrift Store and found this pretty winter white sweater that I knew was perfect for my shade. It's not cable knit, but the poms caught my eye. And it was only $2.99.
Score.
Disclaimer: This tutorial is based on my experience only. Your results may vary. Use your own sensible judgement regarding lampshades, excess fabric and hot lightbulbs that may be a fire hazard. The lightbulbs in my particular lamp were low wattage and not very hot, and the sweater was nowhere near the actual bulbs. A high watt bulb might not be suitable for this DIY project.
Time: 20 Minutes Cost: $2.99 Difficulty: Easy
  • how to cozy up a lampshade with a thrift store sweater keepingcozy, home decor, lighting, All you need for this project is a hot glue gun a pretty sweater and a lampshade
All you need for this project is a hot glue gun, a pretty sweater and a lampshade.
  • how to cozy up a lampshade with a thrift store sweater keepingcozy, home decor, lighting
To turn it into a lampshade, I pulled the sweater down over the top of the shade in the same fashion as putting a pillow case over an overstuffed pillow. It was tight, but tight is good in this scenario. The sweater was a ladies size small, but it had enough stretch in it to fit snugly around the shade when I pulled it down around it.
Now, are you ready to see the AFTER?
Be sure to visit my blog at the link below to see the FINAL REVEAL of this cheap and amazing project!

To see more: http://unskinnyboppy.com/2013/01/diy-sweater-lampshade-tutorial-vote-for-me/

• Rosie Walsh
    Rosie Walsh Buford, GA

@Beth at Unskinny Boppy - great look. Will be searching for the perfect sweater. Also, like Nancy, I'd like to know brand and color of your walls. Thanks! Rosie

• Victoria Sexton
    Victoria Sexton Resaca, GA

OMG!! Love it!! This is by far, my fav shade-revamp to date!!

• Eileen clabuesch
    Eileen clabuesch Grand Ledge, MI

Oh love this idea

• Hlpinghand
    Hlpinghand Sequim, WA

Beautiful result, ingenious idea!

• Donna Cater
    Donna Cater White Marsh, VA

Love this

­