Easy Lampshade Makeover With a Thrift Store Sweater!

cool light 2 days ago
Since it's been on my mind to create a cozy cable knit sweater lampshade I headed to the Thrift Store and found this pretty winter white sweater that I knew was perfect for my shade. It's not cable knit, but the poms caught my eye. And it was only $2.99.
Score.
Disclaimer: This tutorial is based on my experience only. Your results may vary. Use your own sensible judgement regarding lampshades, excess fabric and hot lightbulbs that may be a fire hazard. The lightbulbs in my particular lamp were low wattage and not very hot, and the sweater was nowhere near the actual bulbs. A high watt bulb might not be suitable for this DIY project.
Time: 20 Minutes Cost: $2.99 Difficulty: Easy
All you need for this project is a hot glue gun, a pretty sweater and a lampshade.
To turn it into a lampshade, I pulled the sweater down over the top of the shade in the same fashion as putting a pillow case over an overstuffed pillow. It was tight, but tight is good in this scenario. The sweater was a ladies size small, but it had enough stretch in it to fit snugly around the shade when I pulled it down around it.
Now, are you ready to see the AFTER?
Be sure to visit my blog at the link below to see the FINAL REVEAL of this cheap and amazing project!

To see more: http://unskinnyboppy.com/2013/01/diy-sweater-lampshade-tutorial-vote-for-me/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

Beth at Unskinny Boppy