Hometalk.com

Craft room 02.18.14

My Thrifted Craft Room

All the pieces of furniture in my craft room have come from the thrift store or bought second-hand! It's still "IN PROGRESS" but I will be finished soon! Here's a look at its progress and how inexpensive it's was to furnish!

To see more: http://www.thriftdiving.com/2013/01/thrifted-craft-room.html

17 Comments Displaying 15 of 17 comments | See Previous
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Serena, you did it again. You really know how to stretch a dollar to find just what you need to make you home work for you and your family.
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Thanks, you all! I'm soooo happy you like it! I'm on this "New Year's Resolution" kick to get stuff DONE! First craft room....next: UGLY BASEMENT! :)
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Yes I do Serena. I even have a little cart behind mine for more storage. I have way too much "stuff".
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    When it comes to crafting, Becky, you can NEVER have too much stuff ;)
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Please tell my hubby that Serena! Ha ha ha. Although he doesn't say too much since I've allowed him over the years to college all sorts of sports equipment and power tools. Ofcourse I have an ulterior motive on the power tools. ;^)
  • Linda Payne Oviedo, FL
    I am in the midst of doing this myself and I love getting a deal and thinking out of the box!
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Very nicely done. But your room is so neat! I've got craft stuff every which way in mine! lol. My problem is the used stores around here think everything is an antique and so price it at almost the same as new. I have better luck with yard sales.
  • Cristin Frank Buffalo, NY
    I love the layers of thrifty in this one! Really well put together!
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Thank you so much, Cristin!
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Sondra, yep, I've seen some thrift stores do that, and it's ridiculous. Where do you live? Check out the Unique Thrift Store chain. They might have one in your area. That's primarily where I shop, and it's warehouse-sized, with decent prices. As for my
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh I so know where you are coming from with children and sewing machines. I finally gave up sewing when our son was awake. He'd come up from behind me and before I knew it his little hand would reach out and twist my tension knob. Used to drive me crazy!
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Yes, Thrift Diving, with 5 kids I know where you are coming from. lol. I have also always had cats and dogs that don't mix well with craft rooms. Anytime I've left a room the cats run in and lay on whatever I was working on or bit, played with, or clawed
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Becky , HA! Turning the tension dial. I have a 3 year old that I could very well see him doing that! I'm still getting things together in there, but I know once I'm ready to use it, it's going
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Love the room and all your finds. Great job!
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Thank you so much, Marty's Musings ! Means a lot! I'm lovin' it, too!