My Thrifted Craft Room

Indoor projects 3 days ago
All the pieces of furniture in my craft room have come from the thrift store or bought second-hand! It's still "IN PROGRESS" but I will be finished soon! Here's a look at its progress and how inexpensive it's was to furnish!
  • How my craft room look so far. It's coming along nicely! It contains a thrifted vintage drafting table, a DIY card catalog, and a thrifted shelf.
  • This $5.00 shelf from the thrift store was lined in inexpensive contact paper from Target, and mod podged to the back. Love it!
  • I love the way this drafting table is perpendicular to the wall. It helps to create a more definite crafting area back in this part fo the room, since hubby needs the other part for work.
  • I flanked the end of the drafting table with this $15 yard sale bookcase that I painted while. It holds all my sewing, knitting, and home improvement books.
  • Cute little $1.00 thrift store cup, which sits on my drafting table.
  • It can hold any scissors or markers.
  • The shelf was painted and distressed and waxed. I lined it with contact paper from Target that cost only $5.00 for a big roll! Cheaper than scrapbook paper or wallpaper. And I upcycle old tin cans to hold suppies.
  • On the drafting table, I'm using a vintage shoe shine kit to hold paper and supplies. Love it! Only $6.00
  • This is what it looked like for a whole year after we moved in: brown, ugly, and cold. AND a cluttered desk.
  • The room just got messier and messier!
  • I finally had to do something about it. I wanted turquoise! So I got primin'.
  • Now that the furniture placement is figured out, the next step is setting up the Ikea Expedit bookcase to hide all the clutter of crafting supplies!
  • There's no way I could leave this Ikea Expedit like this! The baskets are so expensive, though--like $30 each! I'll find an inexpensive alternative.
  • Here's the BEFORE of the shelf that is hanging above the drafting table. Only $5.00 at the thrift store!
  • See 3 More Photos

To see more: http://www.thriftdiving.com/2013/01/thrifted-craft-room.html

• Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Yes, Thrift Diving, with 5 kids I know where you are coming from. lol. I have also always had cats and dogs that don't mix well with craft rooms. Anytime I've left a room the cats run in and lay on whatever I was working on or bit, played with, or clawed
  • Thrift Diving
    Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Becky , HA! Turning the tension dial. I have a 3 year old that I could very well see him doing that! I'm still getting things together in there, but I know once I'm ready to use
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Love the room and all your finds. Great job!
  • Thrift Diving
    Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Thank you so much, Marty's Musings ! Means a lot! I'm lovin' it, too!
  • Barbara Puchalski Beard
    Barbara Puchalski Beard Wilmington, NC
    The dollar tree has some very cute sturdy brightly colored baskets I got for mine and am doing the same thing still getting my ideas
Thrift Diving