My Thrifted Craft Room

craft room 09.14.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
All the pieces of furniture in my craft room have come from the thrift store or bought second-hand! It's still "IN PROGRESS" but I will be finished soon! Here's a look at its progress and how inexpensive it's was to furnish!
  • How my craft room look so far. It's coming along nicely! It contains a thrifted vintage drafting table, a DIY card catalog, and a thrifted shelf.
  • This $5.00 shelf from the thrift store was lined in inexpensive contact paper from Target, and mod podged to the back. Love it!
  • I love the way this drafting table is perpendicular to the wall. It helps to create a more definite crafting area back in this part fo the room, since hubby needs the other part for work.
  • I flanked the end of the drafting table with this $15 yard sale bookcase that I painted while. It holds all my sewing, knitting, and home improvement books.
  • Cute little $1.00 thrift store cup, which sits on my drafting table.
  • It can hold any scissors or markers.
  • The shelf was painted and distressed and waxed. I lined it with contact paper from Target that cost only $5.00 for a big roll! Cheaper than scrapbook paper or wallpaper. And I upcycle old tin cans to hold suppies.
  • On the drafting table, I'm using a vintage shoe shine kit to hold paper and supplies. Love it! Only $6.00
  • This is what it looked like for a whole year after we moved in: brown, ugly, and cold. AND a cluttered desk.
  • The room just got messier and messier!
  • I finally had to do something about it. I wanted turquoise! So I got primin'.
  • Now that the furniture placement is figured out, the next step is setting up the Ikea Expedit bookcase to hide all the clutter of crafting supplies!
  • There's no way I could leave this Ikea Expedit like this! The baskets are so expensive, though--like $30 each! I'll find an inexpensive alternative.
  • Here's the BEFORE of the shelf that is hanging above the drafting table. Only $5.00 at the thrift store!
  • See 3 More Photos

To see more:

• Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Yes, Thrift Diving, with 5 kids I know where you are coming from. lol. I have also always had cats and dogs that don't mix well with craft rooms. Anytime I've left a room the cats run in and lay on whatever I was working on or bit, played with, or clawed
  • Thrift Diving
    Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    . , HA! Turning the tension dial. I have a 3 year old that I could very well see him doing that! I'm still getting things together in there, but I know once I'm ready to use it,
  • Marty's Musings
    Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Love the room and all your finds. Great job!
  • Thrift Diving
    Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Thank you so much, Marty's Musings ! Means a lot! I'm lovin' it, too!
  • Barbara Puchalski Beard
    Barbara Puchalski Beard Wilmington, NC
    The dollar tree has some very cute sturdy brightly colored baskets I got for mine and am doing the same thing still getting my ideas
Thrift Diving

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post