Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

A New Use for Antique Drawers

Drawers reused 4 days ago
When I came across a dresser that was falling apart, I decide to save the drawers and turn them into something useful! Who knew old drawers could be beautiful all on their own?

This was such an easy project! We bought several "feet" from our local hardware store. I stained them and we screwed them into the bottom of the drawers. Next, I painted them and added a fun "Love" stencil to the front.

Now they make for the perfect placde to hold your pillows, magazines, or even your dog! :)

#ProudestDIY

Cost: $12

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/01/something-old-something-new-part-2.html#.UPjAe29EGYQ

68 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 68 comments | See Previous
  • Jay B
    Jay B Forked River, NJ
    Well now, I have just found a solution to the pile of scattered dog toys !
  • Deborah Hunter
    Deborah Hunter Comanche, OK
    The drawers would also make a great dog bed.
  • Deb G
    Deb G Troy, NY
    LOVE! !!
  • Nora Q
    Nora Q Milbridge, ME
    I just think how easy this looks and if I can find old stuff that is not particle board!
  • Jenni
    Jenni Omaha, NE
    I agree, Nora Q, particle board is a pain!! I'm in Omaha.
  • Carolyn Hughes
    Carolyn Hughes Crossett, AR
    Would love to have a source to purchase the stencils used on drawers. Tks.
  • Debbie
    Debbie Meridianville, AL
    With "Love" on the front, I would put all of the cards and notes my husband has given to me inside of there. Married 35 years now, you tend to gather a lot of them. This would be a very special drawer for sure! Wouldn't have to keep them closed up where
  • A.E. Zaring
    A.E. Zaring Sedalia, MO
    I thought she made one of them into a dog bed~but alas there isn't a picture of one here or on her site~otherwise these look cute~
  • Jane H
    Jane H Marble, NC
    thank you for sharing it! I love it -
  • Cecilia Holmes
    Cecilia Holmes Deland, FL
    I put rollers on one and store toys under the bed for when grandkids come over.
  • Her Vintage Soul
    Her Vintage Soul Eugene, OR
    love it!
  • Laurie Scott
    Laurie Scott Athens, GA
    Great idea and easy enough for me.
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie Valrico, FL
    such a great way to make use of drawers. They are lovely.
  • Linda B
    Linda B Trumbull, CT
    I love old drawers and have rescued a bunch of them but haven't really gotten into making something with them. Best wishes.
  • Normaann2012
    What a great idea !😄
Claire @ The Rustic Pig

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing