A New Use for Antique Drawers

When I came across a dresser that was falling apart, I decide to save the drawers and turn them into something useful! Who knew old drawers could be beautiful all on their own?

This was such an easy project! We bought several "feet" from our local hardware store. I stained them and we screwed them into the bottom of the drawers. Next, I painted them and added a fun "Love" stencil to the front.

Now they make for the perfect placde to hold your pillows, magazines, or even your dog! :)

#ProudestDIY

Cost: $12
  • Old drawers made into a place to store pillows, magazines, or even your dog!
  • I added different knobs to each of the drawers.
  • The original drawers.
  • I stained the legs purchased from the hardware store.
  • Legs were screwed into the bottom of the drawers.
  • After drawers were painted, I added a fun "love" stencil to the front.

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/01/something-old-something-new-part-2.html#.UPjAe29EGYQ

• Mary
    Mary Canada
    Mary H Simcoe, Ont.

Did you put a block of wood in each corner to attach the legs to?

• M bedwell
    m bedwell Canada
    Great idea
  • Char
    Char Conover, NC
    What a beautiful re-purpose! What I want to know is where you got the knobs, the stencil and did you make or buy the pillows? Either way where did you buy them or get the material? The whole thing is lovely!! Thanks
  • Vicki LB
    Vicki LB Grand Rapids, MI
    This is the one I made.
  • IMMJR
    IMMJR Canada
    Very creative and beautiful! Love it
Claire @ The Rustic Pig