Hometalk.com

Before & After 3 days ago

A New Use for Antique Drawers

When I came across a dresser that was falling apart, I decide to save the drawers and turn them into something useful! Who knew old drawers could be beautiful all on their own?

This was such an easy project! We bought several "feet" from our local hardware store. I stained them and we screwed them into the bottom of the drawers. Next, I painted them and added a fun "Love" stencil to the front.

Now they make for the perfect placde to hold your pillows, magazines, or even your dog! :)

#ProudestDIY

Cost: $12

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/01/something-old-something-new-part-2.html#.UPjAe29EGYQ

64 Comments Displaying 15 of 64 comments | See Previous
  • Brenda R Salado, TX
    I mount picture frames on some and put chicken wire inside the frame so things can be seen on the shelves I build inside the drawers that I have shabby chic. I also put framed mirrors on some in order to hide the jewelry hooks on the inside. I use only
  • I have a drawer sitting in my garage left over from a recent dresser makeover that I was thinking about doing something similar with - I planned to paint it, add legs, and put it in my daughter's room for the overflow pile of stuffed animals!
  • Love this idea. Castors on the bottom too sounds good. I have some smaller drawers left over from a project I didn't get around to, so your idea has got me thinking of many ideas on what to use my drawers for. Love the pillows in your first pic, where
  • Jay B Forked River, NJ
    Well now, I have just found a solution to the pile of scattered dog toys !
  • Deborah Hunter Comanche, OK
    The drawers would also make a great dog bed.
  • Deb G Troy, NY
    LOVE! !!
  • Nora Q Milbridge, ME
    I just think how easy this looks and if I can find old stuff that is not particle board!
  • Jenni Omaha, NE
    I agree, Nora Q, particle board is a pain!! I'm in Omaha.
  • Carolyn Hughes Crossett, AR
    Would love to have a source to purchase the stencils used on drawers. Tks.
  • Debbie Meridianville, AL
    With "Love" on the front, I would put all of the cards and notes my husband has given to me inside of there. Married 35 years now, you tend to gather a lot of them. This would be a very special drawer for sure! Wouldn't have to keep them closed up where
  • A.E. Zaring Sedalia, MO
    I thought she made one of them into a dog bed~but alas there isn't a picture of one here or on her site~otherwise these look cute~
  • Jane H Marble, NC
    thank you for sharing it! I love it -
  • Cecilia Holmes Deland, FL
    I put rollers on one and store toys under the bed for when grandkids come over.
  • Her Vintage Soul Eugene, OR
    love it!