• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Oh, that is so cute! Do you have instructions?
  • Leslie D
    Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    No, I didn't find any instructions. I would imagine it would work like a hollow shelf or fireplace mantle. Screw a board to the wall,then screw the suitcase into the board from the top.
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Well have to follow your lead once you do it :) Such a cute idea.
  • LeAnne Tolsma
    LeAnne Tolsma Lead, SD
    Instructions would be great. LOVE this!!
  • Dcz665
    Dcz665 Highland Park, IL
    love it. There's always a bunch of suitcases for sale at the thrift shops.
  • Mary Insana
    Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    I imagine you just cut off how much of the suitcase you want to keep, screw a firing strip or a leftover piece of wood a little smaller than the width of the suitcase to the wall and then screw the suitcase to the wood from the top so you can't see the
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    This amazing wall was created by Ki Naussauer of the infamous Flea Market Style magazine. She's my hero. :) http://live.wsj.com/video/ki-nassauer-from-j...
  • Leslie D
    Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks, Donna! All I found was a photo, so I'm happy to know where it came from. I'm starting my hunt for suitcases this weekend!
  • Teri U
    Teri U Queen Creek, AZ
    Thanks for the video link Donna. Such an awesome idea. The hard part is finding the suitcases. I will keep my eye out for you Leslie D.
  • Leslie D
    Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks, Teri! Between one estate sale and one antique mall, I found 5 this weekend, for between $13 - $25 each.
  • Patricia Routt
    Patricia Routt Hodgenville, KY
    That is one of the cutest idea's I have seen, and looks easy to do. Thanks so much.
  • Marcy
    Marcy Rogers City, MI
    Cool
  • Dayle Huber
    Dayle Huber Buffalo, NY
    I absolutely love this idea! I did a little search and found step-by-step instructions on how to make them. http://www.instructables.com/id/Suitcase-She...
  • Leslie D
    Leslie D Las Vegas, NV
    I have since seen the suitcases chalk painted with different decorations, like chevron or polka dots, which may work really well if you want to match pieces to a certain decor. I still haven't done this, but have collected the suitcases....now to get the
    • Shelbybella
      shelbybella Marshalltown, IA
      Leslie D ..hahaaaa! I like that last line. ' By " help" , ...I mean " do"..." ..LOL. love it. Sometimes I do things myself, sometimes I get the same " help"...:)
  • Kathy
    Kathy Independence, OR
    Just when I decided to stand mom's old grey suitcase on end and put shelves across it, I see this. Love the wall. Displays on display, or collections on a collection? Really clever!
Leslie D