Hometalk.com

Backyard Escapes 04.11.14

Love these countertops

So I don't have a great excuse for replacing my countertops. The previous owners replaced with some decent laminate (the color is not my favorite, but it's not awful) that is holding up well. But that doesn't stop my from ogling all the fantastic eco-friendly countertop options out there. I recently ran across a new favorite: this recycled glass surface made with Skyy vodka bottles. Those bottles are made with the most beautiful blue glass, and I think this just looks great.

http://www.vetrazzo.com/eng/products/view/Co...

#MyKitchen

19 Comments Displaying 15 of 19 comments | See Previous
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh I LOVE cobalt glass. I've even thought of starting to drink the alcohol that comes in cobalt bottles just make something with them, but alas, I haven't.
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Becky, I don't recommend starting a heavy drinking habit just to make cool countertops. Just buy them.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh darn. I figured I'd have me some fun Steve.
  • Becky, i do recommend it, you wont ever find a better excuse. lol
  • Becky Blair, NE
    So you think I should start drinking Colorado Bulldogs again Burco? :^D They have a little Vodka in them. If I remember correctly, I've not had one since the late seventies, they
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Oooh, I haven't had a Colorado Bulldog for about 15 years. I forgot about them. They are really tasty. Basically a White Russian with cola, right?
  • Becky Blair, NE
    That is correct Steve. Though I had to look up what a White Russian was, but yes, that is correct.
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Becky, you must not have seen "The Big Lebowski" 100 times.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You are correct on that one Steve. I have not seen "The Big Lebowski". In fact I had to look that up to see just what it was. Thought the soundtrack would be to my liking though. CCR, Eagles, Santana etc.... the movie isn't exactly a chic flick. LOL.
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    No, not a chick flick (and not exactly family fare either), but probably my favorite movie ever. The main character drinks White Russians through the entire movie, and we watch him make quite a few.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I think I'll stick with Somewhere in Time as my favorite movie ever. I do believe your taste in movies is closer to my son's. :^)
  • Bernice H Yakima, WA
    Hey Steve G I love the blue also! I saw2 some gorgeoius vodka bottles at Bimart recently. Made me want to buy the vodka just for the bottle. Now I love Kahlua..but the bottles are not so pretty.Kahlua over ice cream, pound cake...yum yum! haha
  • Suzanne Canada
    Just beautiful. What do you put on top of the glass to make it level?
  • Ettie Haley Beaumont, TX
    yes how do you get it level I love it!
  • Cynthia E Daleville, AL
    I am not a color blue fan but this is gorgeous!