Transforming my Kitchen Using Paint, Paint and More Paint!

New House 11.15.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
We bought our house over 5 years ago knowing that a major kitchen re-do wasn't in our plan. The kitchen wasn't a space that reflected me our family. After living with it a year, I knew I needed to make changes to make it a happy space that worked for us. I turned to my friend, my paintbrush, to make inexpensive changes to the things that bothered me the most. I'm always amazed at the power of paint, but never more so than in #MyKitchen. (see more after pics on my blog)
  • An after shot of the new "open shelves" in my kitchen... a space transformed using a lot of paint!
  • Before... Dark, dreary and dated. We removed wallpaper and changed the florescent light fixture for canned lights, but other than that, the only change has been a lot of paint.
  • What used to be a space that felt nothing like "me" is now a great reflection of my style and our family.

To see more:

• Judy H.
    Judy H. Columbia, MO
    LOVE the look!
  • HappyGrandmaGA
    HappyGrandmaGA Canton, GA
    I do love this gorgeous kitchen...makes a world of difference. But, if this were mine, I would be tempted to paint the walls and/or table legs & chairs a light blue or yellow. The pastel colors would give it a pop of slight color w/o being overbearing.
  • Retta E Moran
    Retta E Moran Mico, TX
    I have all white cabinets as well and opened a few of them and I love it. I was afraid of the dust but it really isn't a problem. I think you did a beautiful job. It's amazing how we lived in such dark kitchen back in the day. I love how everyone is
  • Lisa House
    Lisa House Vickery, OH
    Beautiful kitchen! I love that the stove is in the corner. I am jealous of having room for table/chairs and all that natural light! I found my dream dining table at Goodwill for $20 tho I have not re-finished it yet, nor have I found the perfect chairs.
  • Lenatte snowbarger
    Lenatte snowbarger Wichita, KS
    We are re-doing an rv. It has an ugly border that is stuck pretty tight! I'm afraid of damaging the wall underneath it I scrape it off. Do you think that textured paint would cover without without the old border showing?
Storywood Designs

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post