Hometalk.com

kitchen 03.22.14

Transforming my Kitchen Using Paint, Paint and More Paint!

We bought our house over 5 years ago knowing that a major kitchen re-do wasn't in our plan. The kitchen wasn't a space that reflected me our family. After living with it a year, I knew I needed to make changes to make it a happy space that worked for us. I turned to my friend, my paintbrush, to make inexpensive changes to the things that bothered me the most. I'm always amazed at the power of paint, but never more so than in #MyKitchen. (see more after pics on my blog)

To see more: http://www.storywooddesigns.com/2013/01/18/working-it-with-what-youve-got-my-kitchen/

18 Comments Displaying 15 of 18 comments | See Previous
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Becky J! Mornings are definitely one of my favorite times in the kitchen. The windows face to the east and it floods with light.
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Paint is your friend!
  • Love this kitchen, especially that cool chunky butcher block!
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Douglas Hunt , sometimes paint is my best friend! Thanks Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl! ;-)
  • Maxine B Jamestown, TN
    very nice and liveable, and that's my stove!
  • Christine Buffalo, IN
    Beautiful, just Beautiful!!
  • Kay C Higbee, MO
    I took my top cabinet doors off too and Like being able to reach up and get it quick and the look is so open. I painted my walls a dark red..delicious..love it..but its a little dark..maybe I will go and do it off white to match my cabinets..
  • Nance Freeman Canyon, TX
    Every one talks about removing the cabinet doors. Aren't you afraid you dishes will be greasy after cooking and have to wash them before using them?
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you Maxine B and Christine! Kay C , I too, love being able
  • Teri U Queen Creek, AZ
    Great job, it looks wonderful.
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you Teri U !
  • Kim A Maryland Heights, MO
    looks fantastic. I want to do something like what you did ;it looks so good! did you use a special type of paint and/or process? thanks so much, Kim (mom of 2 teens in a galley kitchen)
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Kim A ! I did not use a special paint or process to paint... in fact, I'm much more meticulous painting furniture than I was with the cabinets. I cleaned them thoroughly with something like
  • Tanya Australia
    You've done an amazing job. I love how some paint and imagination can work wonders..
  • I love this kitchen. Great job, it looks wonderful.