Hometalk.com

Tips and Tricks 08.22.13

Delta In2ition Shower Heads: An Easy Refreshing Upgrade for Bathrooms

Let's face it, waking up in the morning sometimes sucks. Especially on Monday.

The last thing you want is a lousy shower.

My wife had enough of our pathetic trickling shower head. Since I prefer to keep her happy, and $50 isn't too much to spend at Lowe's, we installed the new Delta In2ition shower head.

When I say anyone can do this, I MEAN ANYONE CAN DO THIS simple upgrade.

The cool thing about the In2ition is that it has 2 shower heads in 1. There's a hand sprayer that fits into the stationary shower head. This comes in handy when you need to clean your child, a dog, the shower itself, or a dirty & hairy husband (I fall into the first and last categories respectively).

Here are some quick tips

+Always replace the teflon tape but only go down to the last two threads

Time: 15 Minutes Cost: $50 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.homerepairtutor.com/delta-in2ition-shower-heads/

15 Comments Displaying 15 of 15 comments
  • Thanks for the information. I love the idea of having a spray wand. I'm going to look into this.
  • Sherry Fisher Grove City, OH
    me too! Esp for my dogs.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    We replaced our stationary shower head with a hand held when we moved in. They are perfect for times when a person can't stand upright long enough for the whole cleaning routine after major surgery or a broken leg. We just put a small camping chair in
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Love the tile.
  • Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks Sharon, Sherry, and Kelly for your comments.

Good point Kelly about a hand sprayer being wonderful for someone who's had surgery. You got me thinking about our uncle who

• Jo prentice Australia
    What a fab idea, Thanks*****
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    This sounds like a plan. I really like the handheld showers for various reasons. Thanks for sharing this.
  • Gay Storm Fresno, CA
    Nice shower head. We replaced the shower head that came with our mobile home, and got one with actually 2 separate shower heads. The problem is, the pipe that comes out of the wall that the shower head attaches to is place very high. Where can I get
  • Jan B Bay City, MI
    As a 65 yr. non-handy woman I can attest that change the showerhead is easy-peasy even for me. I love our hand held shower. My hubby is facing shoulder surgery in the spring and I know that it will be a god- send for him.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Gay Storm , take a picture of the offending item or situation. Bring the pictures or the whole digital camera to the store with you. It helps alot. I did this when I was looking for the right
  • Gay Storm Fresno, CA
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that.
  • Mary D Audubon, NJ
    I can't imagine not having a hand-held shower attachment for my tub! It's a faster way of cleaning the shower area, gently hosing off house plants and silk flowers, cleaning mini-blinds, small household plastic bins like from the fridge, rinsing off
  • Patsy Fort Worth, TX
    I just installed 2 new Delta shower hoses this past weekend..I am woman "Hear me Roar"!
  • AJ Greeley, CO
    I love the shower head that I have, (it's a wand & has the massager settings etc) but it's got a random leak that flies out the side at the attachment point. I'm assuming I could just take it off and replace that Teflon tape and then reattach?? BTW, I
  • Home Repair Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
    AJ, sorry to hear you had a broken leg. OUCH. That's not something anyone would want to go through.

You're right, detach the shower head from the shower arm and clean off the old teflon tape. Then put 3-4 layers of new tape