Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.04.14

Remove Mildew Smell From Towels

My husband is very good at remembering lyrics, especially theme songs from television shows and commercial jingles from his youth. One of his personal favorites to sing is the theme song from The Beverly Hillbillies. "Let me tell y'all a story 'bout a man named Jed. A poor moutaineer, barely kept his family fed..." I prefer the few times I can get him to sing the theme song from the Love Boat. "Love, exciting and new. Come aboard, we're expecting you..." It is my own fault that he won't sing it more often, because I laugh hysterically every time and he feigns indignation.
Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.madefrompinterest.net/2013/01/08/remove-mildew-smell-from-towels/

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Thanks for the tip. Also, I have heard the "greetings from Camp Hiawatha" bit, but I never knew what it was from.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Though I've personally never had to resort to more than rewashing if I forgot a load on towels in the washer this is certainly worth clipping.... just in case. Thanks.
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Thanks for the clarification, Becky. That's what I was thinking of.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Steve. I was only seven when the original came out, but it's one of those songs you never forget. That's to this post it'll be in my head for days now. Ha ha ha. Could be worse,
  • Made From Pinterest El Dorado Hills, CA
    Becky, I had not heard the original until searching for the commercial. It is long...and clever, and funny. No wonder Downey did a spin on it! Glad you like the post.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    That doesn't surprise me that you hadn't heard it. You're younger than I. As my hubby and I were heading into Omaha for shopping this weekend I told him about this thread and we started singing it together. Got a good laugh out the memory of that goofy
    I think we would get along just great! You sound like our kind of people.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I'm not sure when, but I'll be visiting the San Francisco area probably more than once in the next six months. I have friends in Modesto I'll be meeting so who knows, we could meet for lunch in Sacramento. I've got to make it to that IKEA again.
    Becky, I run this site with my sisters. I actually live on the east coast or the south, depending on who you ask!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Ah I take it one of your sisters live in Cali then?
    Exactly!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    It's a beautiful state. Nice place to visit if you get a chance. My siblings all live spread out too.