• Sara
    Sara Waynesboro, PA
    I want this
  • Diane H
    Diane H Lansdale, PA
    HI Sara - It took me a few years of living with oak cabinets that I didn't like to get the energy to paint them. It took me 3 weeks to paint everything, but the time involved was so worth it. If you are thinking of painting your cabinets - go for it!
  • Joyce
    Joyce Orlando, FL
    Thanks Diane, I would like to redo my kitchen cabinets after I return from vacation. Thanks for the info about the framing of the cabinets & the gripper base for the paint. Wish me luck!
  • Diane H
    Diane H Lansdale, PA
    Hi Joyce - It is not hard, just time consuming. Just take your time, use the best brush and a small foam roller with the rounded end and you will get pro results. Glidden Gripper and Sherwin Williams Pro Classic latex acrylic is a winning combo.
  • Wanda sinnema
    Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
    we need a major redo, 1949 house , 1964 kitchen.. love the redo and lots of ideas on HOMETALK..
  • Barbara R
    Barbara R Houghton Lake, MI
    The cabinets look cream colored, not white, in definite contrast to your white appliances. Just sayin'.
  • Janet Smith
    Janet Smith College Station, TX
    What a charming and cozy kitchen! Great make over!
  • Karen Rossman Clark
    Karen Rossman Clark Brookings, OR
    Inspirational as I have similar layout and planning a complete re-do including a window seat like you have. Thinking of making an island instead of L shaped counter that cuts the room into. How wide is your kitchen, Diane H?
  • Diane H
    Diane H Lansdale, PA
    @Karen Rossman Clark - My kitchen is 13' wide and 20' long. The island is 26" x 62"
  • Karen Rossman Clark
    Karen Rossman Clark Brookings, OR
    Whahoo! Mine is 22 long and 14 wide! The layout is almost exactly what you have. I am cutting a piece of 26" x 62" butcher paper or tape the space off and put it in place to see how I can move around it. I am so dern visual that I have to almost chew up
  • Shirley Burnette
    Shirley Burnette Brooksville, FL
    Great job. I love it.
  • Salvage Sister and Mister
    Very pretty
  • Marcy
    Marcy Rogers City, MI
    Lovely
  • Lisa House
    Lisa House Vickery, OH
    In the planning stages for my kitchen makeover, I was thinking of using bead board on the doors and frame it.....I have a very small kitchen that can not be enlarged unless we could add on, due to major (as in we can't do) plumbing issues we won't be
  • Diane H
    Diane H Lansdale, PA
    Hi Lisa - Framed bead board will look great on the doors. It sounds hard but with a good miter saw is a very do-able project.
Diane H