DIY Spice Rack

pallet shelves 08.30.15
I always wanted a nice rack. Well, now I love my rack, spice rack that is. lol! I teamed up with my hubby, Ethan of One Project Closer to build a custom spice rack for our kitchen. Ethan took the dimensions I gave him and used 3/4" plywood and scraps of poplar and oak to build the frame and shelves. Once built, he handed it over to me to paint and ModPodge scrapbook paper to the backing.

The construction of the Rack was a fairly simple woodworking project and could be simplified with less shelves. The painting and paper backing was very simple and overall a cheap way to add color and interest.

#MyKitchen #SpiceRack #paint #WoodWorking

• Custom Spice Roack
  • Plywood Shelves with small wood supports
  • Poplar Frame places on the rack.
  • Homemade ModPodge used to apply scrapbook paper to the backing of the spice rack
  • The insides of the rack were painted yellow.
  • The finished product

To see more:

• Dawn W.
    Dawn W. Bend, OR
    I LOVE that! Where do you have it hanging?
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Check out the link to see more pictures and information Dawn.
  • Juju, the Anti-Gardener
    I want that!
  • Connie S
    Connie S Cave Junction, OR
    I love this! I would have to have glass doors on something like this though. Between the 6 year old, the family dog and wood heat, it's really hard for me to keep open shelves clean. Beautiful! I love the yellow inset color! :)
  • Marie M
    Marie M Bradenton, FL
    I love this!!!

Search Feedback