DIY Spice Rack

garden ideas 05.01.15
I always wanted a nice rack. Well, now I love my rack, spice rack that is. lol! I teamed up with my hubby, Ethan of One Project Closer to build a custom spice rack for our kitchen. Ethan took the dimensions I gave him and used 3/4" plywood and scraps of poplar and oak to build the frame and shelves. Once built, he handed it over to me to paint and ModPodge scrapbook paper to the backing.

The construction of the Rack was a fairly simple woodworking project and could be simplified with less shelves. The painting and paper backing was very simple and overall a cheap way to add color and interest.

#MyKitchen #SpiceRack #paint #WoodWorking

To see more: http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/i-always-wanted-a-nice-rack/

• FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    ADORE your spice racks! I've never seen such a pretty display of them before. Must think! :)
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Ah, the project I inspired when you were working on your kitchen.

~Becky aka JustME on OPC.

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Your post looks awesome, Jocie :) This is so clever!
  • Teri U
    Teri U Queen Creek, AZ
    Great job.
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    This looks great. Makes a spice rack into a work of art.
  • Dawn W.
    Dawn W. Bend, OR
    I LOVE that! Where do you have it hanging?
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Check out the link to see more pictures and information Dawn.
  • Juju, the Anti-Gardener
    I want that!
  • Connie S
    I love this! I would have to have glass doors on something like this though. Between the 6 year old, the family dog and wood heat, it's really hard for me to keep open shelves clean. Beautiful! I love the yellow inset color! :)
  • Marie M
    Marie M Bradenton, FL
    I love this!!!
Jocie@OPC The Better Half