Container Gardens

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Gardening has to be something you enjoy or you will fail at it. Traditional gardening can be intimidating and for good reasons there's a lot to keep track of and many hurdles that can trip you up. I always suggest a container garden for beginner gardeners
Time: 30 Minutes Cost: $50 Difficulty: Easy

To see more:

• Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Good idea, and they are a great way to keep fresh herbs - and so much cheaper than the ridiculous fresh herbs at the supermarket.
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    My problem with growing anything except a few flowers is that we either have too much shade or too much sun! Or, I might add, too old to dig in the dirt like we used to like to do! Since we are limited, we like to make every effort fantastic!
  • The Black Thumb Gardener
    Jeanette, that's why I love container gardens they're so easy to take care of. To much sun? That must be a problem in Georgia ; ) in NY I've haven't experienced that problem yet (fingers crossed).
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Containers are less forgiving than a traditional garden when it comes to water, but, as you say, they are indeed a great way to give gardening a try.
  • The Black Thumb Gardener
    Hi Douglas, your totally right about the watering needs being higher but I think the opportunity to place the containers on a patio or closer to your home then a traditional garden makes watering an easier thing to do.
The Black Thumb Gardener

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post