Hometalk.com

Garden 03.21.14

Container Gardens

Gardening has to be something you enjoy or you will fail at it. Traditional gardening can be intimidating and for good reasons there's a lot to keep track of and many hurdles that can trip you up. I always suggest a container garden for beginner gardeners
Time: 30 Minutes Cost: $50 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://blackthumbgardener.com/container-garden-bigger-harvestsless-work/

5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Good idea, and they are a great way to keep fresh herbs - and so much cheaper than the ridiculous fresh herbs at the supermarket.
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    My problem with growing anything except a few flowers is that we either have too much shade or too much sun! Or, I might add, too old to dig in the dirt like we used to like to do! Since we are limited, we like to make every effort fantastic!
  • Jeanette, that's why I love container gardens they're so easy to take care of. To much sun? That must be a problem in Georgia ; ) in NY I've haven't experienced that problem yet (fingers crossed).
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Containers are less forgiving than a traditional garden when it comes to water, but, as you say, they are indeed a great way to give gardening a try.
  • Hi Douglas, your totally right about the watering needs being higher but I think the opportunity to place the containers on a patio or closer to your home then a traditional garden makes watering an easier thing to do.
  • Likes

Dana Robinson Skyeone Melissa Claudia Dunkley User Gayle P. Marsha Burk Will Miriam I Sabrina T Photokricket Brolly USA