Hometalk.com

Kitchen 02.28.14

How to Make a DIY Pendant Lamp

http://www.ThriftDiving.com -- Have you always wanted to make your own pendant lamp? This is how I UPCYCLED a pretty little wire fruit basket to make a pendant lamp for my thrifted craft room. Super cheap! To see more pics of my thrifted craft room, where nearly everything came from my favorite thrift store, visit: http://www.thriftdiving.com/2013/01/thrifted...
Difficulty: Easy
17 Comments Displaying 15 of 17 comments | See Previous
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I felt the same way as The Arts Desire did. Glad you were able to reuse it though Serena. It makes such a cute light fixture. Love the shadows it creates.
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    The Arts Desire and Becky So happy you like it! Yeah, I definitely had to reuse that baby. It was too pretty to get rid of!
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    The Arts Desire and Becky , I meant to tell you all, I did a video tutorial, too, if you'd like to check it out! :) I think I
  • The Arts Desire Rochester, NY
    I'm all for reusing things, especially when they turn out so cute. I recently used an old woven plant basket for my craft room. The only thing is, I have to use a low wattage bulb in it and fixed it so that the bulb can't touch the sides. It looks like I
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    That's pretty creative! Now that I've done this, I'm going to be looking at the bowls and planters section in the thrift store so much more closely ;). I'm addicted to pendant lamps now!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I just watched a bit of your video, will watch the rest later, but had to stop and say how cute you are. You're personality shows you just the way I envisioned.
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Becky you are so sweet!!! :) I really appreciate your feedback! I put a LOT of work into my blog and my latest venture into videos (I'm talking working from 9pm - 3 a.m. and then getting up
  • It looks great!! I love that you were able to re-purpose that basket too!
  • Terri J York, PA
    What a unique, beautiful and inspiring pendan lamp. I adore it@
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    Awww....thanks, Terri J !! So glad you like it!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Oh my gosh Serena. You do need to sleep dear. Superwoman!
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD
    I know, Becky ! I'm really starting to wonder what kind of damage I'm doing to myself with these 3 a.m. late hours! If only 1) there was more time in the day, and 2) I didn't love what I do so much. LOL
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Something will give, eventually, Serena. A healthy body NEEDS sleep. That's your bodies restorative time. I know this because my hubby was one of the first Polysomnographic Technologists in the world and he was always frustrated with my lack of sleep
  • Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. Westminster, MD
    That's an awesome lamp! And I love the design it creates on the ceiling! Pretty and thrifty!
  • Thrift Diving Silver Spring, MD