Refrigerator Maintenance

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
I've seen it before where a homeowner was going to replace a perfectly good frig because it wasn't able to keep cool. The problem was the exchanger coils were coated in tons of dust. Use this checklist to keep your frig alive. #MyKitchen

-Clean heat exchanger coils

-Clean door gasket

-Defrost freezer

-Clean all external and internal surfaces

-Replace water filter (if applicable)

• Clean the heater exchanger coils of dust to keep your unit operating at optimal efficiency.
  • Clean the door gasket with warm soapy water.

To see more:

• CindyandGeorge Schaeffer
    I AGREE Pat the fridge is so bloody hard to move!!!
  • Cathy
    Cathy Burton, MI
    there are wheels that can be put under appliances to help move them. Plus the wheels keep from cutting up or scratching the floor when the appliance is moved
  • Charlotte Kent
    Charlotte Kent Tremont, MS
    I don't see any coils on the back of my frig. My icemaker is not working properly; the first thing I thought was to clean the back. But when I managed to roll it out, there was nothing to clean. Everything is covered up I guess. What do I do now? Anyone
    • Maureen H
      Charlotte Kent my coils are under the fridge very ackward but you can clean them. take the panel off of the bottom front and use a damp cloth to wipe the coil off and clean the grill. Hope this helps
  • Barbara Meadows
    Barbara Meadows De Queen, AR
    your coils are hidden behind cardboard panel with screws,mine is that way,i had to call me sears store before I read my manual,it shows where they are
  • Lacia Lynne Bailey
    Lacia Lynne Bailey Seattle, WA
    But if the coils are covered then they wouldn't get dirty to need cleaning?
HomeSpot HQ

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post