Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 03.25.14

Using Logs to make your Water Feature Pop!

Using small logs, large sticks and downed branches help give your water feature a more natural look. Find pieces native to your area and lay them across your stream, or in the water or whatever you want-you're not gong to hurt anything! They are also a really great way to hide the spillway. Make it look as close to nature as you can. Get creative and have fun! Littlefield Landscaping, LLC
20 Comments Displaying 15 of 20 comments | See Previous
  • Oh I LOVE these! They are so incredibly natural!
  • Thank you very much, FunkyJunk Interiors! We really appreciate the feedback!
  • Marilee H Youngstown, OH
    I never would have thought of this. Love it!
  • Aquascape Inc. Saint Charles, IL
    Love the use of logs in water features! Great tips.
  • Thanks, Marilee H!
  • Thanks, Aquascape Inc.!
  • Shaylorslawncr Cogan Station, PA
    I see you're a certified rain exchange professional have you ever been out to Aqualand pandemonium it is definitely something you need to attend
  • Shaylorslawncr Cogan Station, PA
    Great people great knowledge
  • Someday, yes I'd love to go. Had a chance a couple of years ago, but just couldn't swing it...too darn busy. I hear it's an absolute blast and you learn tons. We have an Aquascape rep in our area and I really like working with her.
  • Shaylorslawncr Cogan Station, PA
    well as greg wittstock would say you cant afford not to go

i know it is hard but now is the time to schedule it in thats the only way i got it done and i went with the attitude i

• I love this idea! :)
  • Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    We would love to have a waterfall pond but don't know where to start. We have the land.
  • Hi, Debby. I would check to see if you have any Certified Aquascape Contractors in your area. You can do this by going to Aquascapeinc.com. They have kits that can be installed by DIY'ers as well. If we were closer, we would love to help! Good luck on
  • Debby Boyle Necedah, WI
    I'm sure we do but, my husband wants to do it his self. We have books from Home Depot that we are looking at. The liners are so expensive.
  • You can do it! Let us know if you have any questions about the installation. Best of luck to you and your husband!