Hometalk.com

10.17.11

Reasonable facsimile?

I love these chairs and I've been looking at them at Thomasville for over a year hoping to catch them on sale. My issue is that they are about $1300 each - covering material choice varies price about $300 upward. I love them but I can't bring myself to pay over $1000 for a single chair. I have been looking for similar chairs and have yet to find any. I have come somewhat close with the Dinesen with older wingback chairs but they just didn't have the same presence and the Dinesen is really my 3rd choice. Any chance you guys have seen something close to the Walden and/or Anson out there somewhere? Oh, for under $1000.
3 Comments Displaying 3 of 3 comments
  • Karlean M Glen Burnie, MD
    Before you purchase your furniture, you want to consider quality to keep from spending money for furniture repairs or furniture restorations. You want to consider your costs, but remember quality furniture will save you money in the long run.
  • Patsy W Smyrna, GA
    How do you want to use this chair...to sit in everyday or just as an occasional chair? Check out Target online and Home Decorators online!
  • Teresa D Snellville, GA
    Karlean, Thanks for the info. I do ask what kind of wood the furniture is made of. I've had to look some of them up as I've not heard of some of them. I have to find a happy medium between good quality and affordability. Definitely do not want to