Customized All-Natural Room Scents

Fresh scents 04.08.15
Do you ever get tired of the overpowering scent of commercial air-fresheners? Why not customize your own scent with all-natural ingredients. Combine fresh citrus with herbs and extracts and simmer on the stove.

I made this yesterday and my kitchen smelled absolutely amazing! It was full of the crispness of lemon combined with the heady scent of vanilla and the occasional whiff of rosemary!

Absolutely wonderful!

Time: 10 Minutes Cost: $4.00 Difficulty: Easy

To see more:

• Jimmy S
    Jimmy S Brooks, GA
    I am looking to go to natural smells but one post mentioned its only good for that afternoon. So am I understanding this is not good for several days or even a week. 3 oranges a day, lemons, cinnamon and other things seems to me can get quite expensive
  • Kate F
    Kate F New Britain, CT
    Jimmy - not so. I kept my pot of orange peels & spices on the stove for several days - warming and rewarming on & off. I kept adding water as it evaporated. Once they looked pretty bad then I threw them out. After eating oranges another day, I began it
    • Cathy W
      Cathy W Portland, OR
      Why did I throw out the orange vinegar? Think I made it wrong (too long in vinegar and should have peeled the oranges better) and it stunk! Garden was happy tho'!
  • Bridgette
    Bridgette Sherman, TX
    I have boil cut in half oranges with cinnmow and sometime with other spices like you get from a pumkin pie you bring it to a boil and then turn it down on low and let the steam do it job. My husband thinks i am making dessert sometime haha
  • Amy W.
    Amy W. Clermont, FL
    Add to this post...I love this idea, karianne,you can make them up ahead of time and they are ready to go, I put mine in an old tea pot and let it simmer all day, add water when needed...
  • Elizabeth Sagarminaga
    Elizabeth Sagarminaga Mission Viejo, CA
    I agree, the scent of lemon or oranges fills the air with a very nice aroma. I love this smell and keep lemons everyday in my front room. And it is much better than the commercial ones available in the market, both performance wise and health wise.

Search Feedback