Repairing Woodpecker Damage to a Porch's Cedar Clad Beams & Posts

04.28.15
The woodpeckers were having a field day drilling into the wood of this back porch. The new repairs have made the porch beautiful again and will hopefully deter the woodpeckers. Click on the link to see more photos, and how the repairs were made.

To see more: http://betteroutdoorlivingathome.com/outdoorliving/2013/01/repairing-woodpecker-damage-to-a-porchs-cedar-clad-beams-posts/

• John Leesch
    John Leesch Alexandria, MN
    How do you get woodpeckers to leave your home alone?
  • Better Outdoor Living at Home
    Hi John Leesch - I'm guessing it's a matter of trying different things. I recently saw a homeowner hang strips of shiny mylar from shutters, and another homeowner hung ribbon from
  • Mmhulgan
    Does anyone know how to get rid of woodpeckers?
  • Tina
    Tina Greenville, TX
    I was told that if you hang something reflective in the area that they will stay away. My neighbor used old c.d.s in her trees to keep them away and swears by it. I just dont like the look. I want to find something a little better looking. Maybe some
  • Mcc
    Mcc Grove City, PA
    we get them pecking on metal TV antenna that we still use-sends the sound down thru the house-any ideas WHY ?
Better Outdoor Living at Home