Repairing Woodpecker Damage to a Porch's Cedar Clad Beams & Posts

07.27.14
The woodpeckers were having a field day drilling into the wood of this back porch. The new repairs have made the porch beautiful again and will hopefully deter the woodpeckers. Click on the link to see more photos, and how the repairs were made.

To see more: http://betteroutdoorlivingathome.com/outdoorliving/2013/01/repairing-woodpecker-damage-to-a-porchs-cedar-clad-beams-posts/

Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Was there some sort of insect issue that attracted the woodpeckers in the first place?
  • Better Outdoor Living at Home
    Hi Douglas Hunt! Don't think there was an insect issue...damage occurred over a few years...it mostly looked like they were creating an opening for nesting.
  • John Leesch
    John Leesch Alexandria, MN
    How do you get woodpeckers to leave your home alone?
  • Better Outdoor Living at Home
    Hi John Leesch - I'm guessing it's a matter of trying different things. I recently saw a homeowner hang strips of shiny mylar from shutters, and another homeowner hung ribbon from
  • Mmhulgan
    Does anyone know how to get rid of woodpeckers?
  • Tina
    Tina Greenville, TX
    I was told that if you hang something reflective in the area that they will stay away. My neighbor used old c.d.s in her trees to keep them away and swears by it. I just dont like the look. I want to find something a little better looking. Maybe some
Better Outdoor Living at Home