Feed the Birds!

After another snow last night, we had quite a crew show up for breakfast this morning! Don't forget to keep a fresh water source and food out for your feathered (and furry) friends. We are using a solar birdbath from Gardener's Supply, and, so far it hasn't frozen up once!

To see more: http://ourfairfieldhomeandgarden.com/

• Kitchen Kelli
    Kitchen Kelli Norman, OK
    Beautiful!
  • Linda B
    Linda B Trumbull, CT
    I like this. Thanks for reminding us to put water out. We've had extremely cold weather here in Connecticut.
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks, Linda & Kelli ! I bought a solar bird bath from Gardener's Supply on-line and, I must say, so far it has not frozen up! Lots less expensive to purchase than the heated bird baths too.
  • Becky J
    Becky J Highland, IL
    I just went to Rural King and stocked up on peanuts for the bluejays. Beautiful pictures.
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks, Becky! The peanuts are a big hit here too!
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    I can't image a garden without birds. Very good point about the water, Barb. We have a lot of snow birds of the avian sort in addition to the human kind in Florida in the winter, so I am going through a lot of seed, happily.
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    You are right, Douglas ~ it is worth the price of admission for the show they put on!
  • Donna Dixson
    Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    thank you for reviving a wonderful memory of my bird loving Dad Barb Rosen
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    So glad to hear these pictures brought happy memories to you, Donna! My Dad was a big nature lover too.
  • Daniel Jalensky
    Daniel Jalensky Beaver Dam, WI
    I like squirrels but they destroy the bird feeders
  • Jenny@birdsandsoap
    Love it! I'm in Idaho, and I wish I had those east coast birds- so pretty!
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Daniel - I feed the squirrels at a couple separate feeders and they mostly go for the easier food and ignore the birdfeeders. Jenny, glad you liked our Eastern birds. I'll bet you have some that I wish I had here too : )
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    How beautiful...even breathtaking. I love nature and I love birds.
  • Barb Rosen
    Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Thanks, Sharon! You would have giggled if you had seen me taking these with the lens up against the glass, scrunched between the blinds so the birds wouldn't see me: )
Barb Rosen