started with a 50/50 white:grey portland and used some coarse sand with small pea gravel. casted right side up! ground to expose aggreate then used my own lil blend of some stain z to color. the biz owner loved them!
I remember, my father and I built our house all about concrete/cement.
Not as fancy as this.. But our house back home( philippines) nothing but all concrete, concrete floor, concrete toilette bowl, concrete water tank, concrete countertops and sink and even where we cook our food was on the top of concrete cook top. I dont know how to describe it..oh my goodness, you name it. But that was 26 years ago..
Just wanted to share my way of doing my own transition to save money. This is between carpet and tile. I bought 1 pcs of wood for 4 dollar, nail it down on the floor, stain it then put grouts on it. It really works..
Commented on May 15, 2012
Thanks Lee Anne. No worries, I am almost there. And you know after taking your class made my
decision of design and choices easier and work faster. You are truly a great teacher, I felt like I never get enough listening to your teaching. I learned so much from you and to my intersting fellow student. I am so glad that I took the class. Someone like you is rare to find now a days, who is dedicated and who never holds back to share all your knowledge of design to someone like me. It was worth it driving two hours just to be in your class.
Do you ever make something and just can't help smiling when you are done? That is how it was with this project.. I painted random pieces of scrap wood, trim pieces, pallet wood and Bri
Waxed the window frame with light brown. The scrap wood and the window frame were free :).
I wasn't sure how much I needed, just painted what I thought might work. None of the scrap pieces I had were long enough to go across the whole window so I knew I would have to cut them into sections.
The next thing I had to decide was how to attach the wood to the very narrow interior window strips. This problem led to the happy solution of running the wood in opposite directions. I used the nail gun to attach the pieces, had to shoot straight and did miss you a few, but only a few.
This really is a relatively simple project and so fun to see it come together!