Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser. Dresser is missing. Purchased 3 gorgeous drawers and need ideas

Yesterday
I found these beautiful drawers (no clean-up or touch up needed) perfect condition.

For some reason, I couldn't walk away. Just one of those pieces that screamed "take me home" So cheap I couldn't resist. The top two are the same but the bottom drawer is deeper. The photos show them stacked against my bedroom wall. These can be anything from storage to plant container. I really love the shabby chic and can see a plant in the top. Really....... need some ideas for support and decorating. Probably do second one full of magazines. Thanks for looking.

66 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 16 of 66 comments | See Previous
  • Rosie Walsh
    Rosie Walsh Buford, GA
    A neighbor just gave me a drawer on casters for under bed storage. It was too tall so I took off the casters and used felt floor protector pads, six of them. Slides beautifully. I have hardwoods. If you have carpet you can get 'silicone' type round discs
  • You don't need my name
    Wish I had them. I would use the deeper one as the middle section turned so the handles would hang down. Secure each of the others to the sides of the big drawer matching their back ends to the sides of the big drawer. Add a cleat across all three so
  • Terra Gazelle
    Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
    I would love them for storage under my bed. Put castors on them and make them easy to pull out and push back. How wonderful they are.
  • Vicki Pemberton
    Vicki Pemberton Harriman, TN
    I've seen people use drawer fronts to hand on the wall to hang jewelry and scarves on, after they've added really cool knobs
  • Lorraine depaolo st.george
    lorraine depaolo st.george Philadelphia, PA
    you could simply use as shelves...use strong shelf brackets
  • The Micro Gardener - Anne
    These drawers are stunning. What a find! I love repurposing items into container gardens but I would hate to see the wood degrade. My suggestion is to use each drawer as a cachepot - an outer decorative container that you line with plastic or put a
  • Lanel Prince
    Lanel Prince Broken Arrow, OK
    How beautiful are these! I would make a island type chest for these to fit in for my pots, pans. lids etc. and make a beautiful wood top on it!
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Wichita, KS
    Did you see the drawers turned into toy/storage boxes by adding small legs and painting then mod-podging wrapping paper inside? They are just wonderful. Twoityourself.com.
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie Lebanon, MO
    How about shelving? Add long posts to attach them to the drawers to make a highboy shelf, or shorter ones for a 3-4 ft. shelf unit. Spectacular shelves, I wouldn't have passed them up, either!!
  • Dolly
    Dolly Madison, CT
    I would have done the same thing. So many things seem to call out to me.... How about small casters on the bottom of them and use them as under the bed or dresser storage? You may need to add 2"x2"x1/2" thick squares under the casters to give the screws
  • Judy marks
    judy marks Cincinnati, OH
    They should be displayed somehow, not hidden under bed. Use as some type of shelves hung under each other with significant vases, etc or even books. I like them.
  • Brenda Costner
    Brenda Costner Bessemer City, NC
    would make cute pet bed
  • Dolly
    Dolly Madison, CT
    You know, Judy does make a good point.The reason you bought them was for their beauty, so they should be displayed. Under the bed is still a good idea, but maybe for a more generic style.How about a coffee table with the two same size ones on top with
  • CQ
    CQ New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Put wooden tops on the two similar drawers, add sturdy legs and make benches out of them. If you attach the tops with hinges (they can even serve as extra storage).Use the third to make a simple coffee table for the benches or as a decorative shelving unit.
  • Debra
    Debra Jackson, MI
    I had spares as well and used them for storage under my bed.
Sherry R

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing