Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser. Dresser is missing. Purchased 3 gorgeous drawers and need ideas

I found these beautiful drawers (no clean-up or touch up needed) perfect condition.

For some reason, I couldn't walk away. Just one of those pieces that screamed "take me home" So cheap I couldn't resist. The top two are the same but the bottom drawer is deeper. The photos show them stacked against my bedroom wall. These can be anything from storage to plant container. I really love the shabby chic and can see a plant in the top. Really....... need some ideas for support and decorating. Probably do second one full of magazines. Thanks for looking.

49 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 49 comments | See Previous
  • Mikki.fish
    Mikki.fish Canada
    Not sure how old this post is but here is an idea; i could see them mounted (in a corner on cast iron wall brackets and use them to put your crystal in ,like wine glasses , antique cocktail shaker...essentially using it as a bar but not have it cluttered
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Sarita
    Sarita Hebron, KY
    Can you use them under bathroom or kitchen cabinets as an under-cabinet drawer?
  • Suzette T
    Suzette T Philadelphia, PA
    The second I glanced at these drawers I went nuts. For I have two whole dressers exactly matching your drawers.Bed room Furniture set I inherited from my grandmother. I love the tall dressers top has three drawers and bottom has four. With the bottom
  • Bettyann Alvino Richards
    I see them as shelves turn em upside down and stack em
  • Paula Edmonds
    Paula Edmonds Colbert, WA
    When I first saw the last photo I thought you attached them to the wall and made shelves..I think they would be good storage -spaced & attached to the wall.
  • Patricia Howard
    Patricia Howard Temple, TX
    Sherry R I would paint them, add some small rollers on the bottom, and use them for under the bed storage for my shoes, or out of season sweaters in the summer.
  • Jeannie Andrews
    Jeannie Andrews Winlock, WA
    The drawers are beautiful. I have a sideboard that needs some of the handles replaced, do you have a source for these era of drawer handles?
  • Life on Morgan
    Patricia Howard...I was thinking the same thing:) Great minds!
  • Lise Morrison
    Lise Morrison South Hero, VT
    Easily used for a coffee table. Get legs and use the inside for treasures and top with a piece of oversized glass. Oh and line the drawer with vintage wallpaper.
  • LauraC
    LauraC Litchfield, MI
    Sherry R depending on how ambitious you are these drawers could be turned into a kitchen island of drawers, move-able with casters installed. Home Depot has large glued up pine tops/sides that
  • Adrianne C
    Adrianne C Defuniak Springs, FL
    Perhaps you could put a hinged top and legs on them, like a writing desk.
  • Eric Turner
    Eric Turner Saint Matthews, SC
    Have depth cut down, add tops and make floating shelves, Refinish to suit your home.
  • Rosie Walsh
    Rosie Walsh Buford, GA
    A neighbor just gave me a drawer on casters for under bed storage. It was too tall so I took off the casters and used felt floor protector pads, six of them. Slides beautifully. I have hardwoods. If you have carpet you can get 'silicone' type round discs
  • You don't need my name
    Wish I had them. I would use the deeper one as the middle section turned so the handles would hang down. Secure each of the others to the sides of the big drawer matching their back ends to the sides of the big drawer. Add a cleat across all three so
Sherry R