Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
10.05.14

Found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser. Dresser is missing. Purchased 3 gorgeous drawers and need ideas

I found these beautiful drawers (no clean-up or touch up needed) perfect condition.

For some reason, I couldn't walk away. Just one of those pieces that screamed "take me home" So cheap I couldn't resist. The top two are the same but the bottom drawer is deeper. The photos show them stacked against my bedroom wall. These can be anything from storage to plant container. I really love the shabby chic and can see a plant in the top. Really....... need some ideas for support and decorating. Probably do second one full of magazines. Thanks for looking.

36 Comments Displaying 15 of 36 comments | See Previous
  • Margaret Adamski
    Margaret Adamski Seattle, WA
    I was thinking after I stare this picture. I was think Why not you put under the bed. Additional wood board and make a dresser into wood? Save $ instead of buy whole wood dresser under bed?
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
    • Margaret Adamski
      Margaret Adamski Seattle, WA
      Margaret Adamski I have another idea. Add the wheels for bottom. Adding to make holder Rest of 3 drawer for bathroom. put clean towels, washcloth fillig in drawers. Additional wood
  • AvonelleRed
    AvonelleRed Montgomery, AL
    I would add some support to the undersides, then buy or make some legs to the bottom. On one, add a hinged lid, and you can use it for a cute little writing desk. On the deepest one, just use short legs, add a hinged lid, and then put some covered foam
  • Donna Murphy
    Donna Murphy Salida, CA
    I've seen drawers cut down and mounted on the wall as decorative shelves.
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Headboard.....
  • Mcgypsy9
    Mcgypsy9 Mooresville, NC
    I love the way you have them sitting on the floor. I would add wood inside the two bottom drawers to make them higher from each other and I would let each one sit just the way you have them pictured above, add plants to the top one and maybe a book, some
  • Riki Batchbaum
    Riki Batchbaum Fort Lauderdale, FL
    attach 4 legs and make a mini bar, maybe 4 legs with wheels/coasters
  • Jackie I
    Jackie I Phoenix, AZ
    Add some support inside each corner and put some nice turned wood legs then turn it over and use it as a table! I don't know what the bottom of the drawer looks like but if you need to add a wood top I would stain them a dark color and match them with
  • Anec
    I would put legs on each and cut them in graduated sizes, so each drawer (now table) will be a bit shorter... Just like nesting tables.Then paint the insides or put a pretty wallpaper inside. Once thats done, fill them with family trinkets, and place a
  • Karen Kay Babineaux
    Turn them upside down and make tables out of them buy wooden legs and sand restain or paint! You could also make deep shelves out of them.
  • Cyndie Shevlin
    Cyndie Shevlin Rochester, NY
    Add casters for pretty under bed shoe storage.
  • Sandra Walker
    Sandra Walker Charlotte, NC
    I Love the coffee table idea. I've seen it done before, and if you paint two of them and maybe replace the handles (only if you want to) and go to a flea market and find some old good things to put inside it, it would look beautiful. Either paint or use
  • Mikki.fish
    Mikki.fish Canada
    Not sure how old this post is but here is an idea; i could see them mounted (in a corner on cast iron wall brackets and use them to put your crystal in ,like wine glasses , antique cocktail shaker...essentially using it as a bar but not have it cluttered
  • Sarita
    Sarita Hebron, KY
    Can you use them under bathroom or kitchen cabinets as an under-cabinet drawer?
  • Suzette T
    Suzette T Philadelphia, PA
    The second I glanced at these drawers I went nuts. For I have two whole dressers exactly matching your drawers.Bed room Furniture set I inherited from my grandmother. I love the tall dressers top has three drawers and bottom has four. With the bottom
Sherry R