Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser. Dresser is missing. Purchased 3 gorgeous drawers and need ideas

I found these beautiful drawers (no clean-up or touch up needed) perfect condition.

For some reason, I couldn't walk away. Just one of those pieces that screamed "take me home" So cheap I couldn't resist. The top two are the same but the bottom drawer is deeper. The photos show them stacked against my bedroom wall. These can be anything from storage to plant container. I really love the shabby chic and can see a plant in the top. Really....... need some ideas for support and decorating. Probably do second one full of magazines. Thanks for looking.

29 Comments Displaying 15 of 29 comments | See Previous
  • Patricia Brining
    Patricia Brining Ellenton, FL
    These would be great with roller on them for under bed storage!
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    There is one place for storage most people never think of and that is under the sofa! I once had a rather large, ornate mirror I was not sure where I wanted to put it, but I need to get it out of harms way...so under the sofa in the living room it went!
  • Andrea S
    Andrea S Canada
    Bedside tables from the 2 that are the same, you can get long tapered or turned legs from the building supply store. The deeper one can be a storage tray or a breakfast server tray on the bench at the foot of the bed in the same room. Or you can make a
  • Wabbitears
    Wabbitears Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I think using dowels inserted in the corners mounting them as they are pictured with space in-between and using them inside a closet to keep something like pajamas or gowns (even houseshoes) could provide a designated space for something you have yet to
  • Sherry R
    Sherry R Lubbock, TX
    Thanks for your idea.
  • Barbara Aubrey
    Barbara Aubrey Austin, TX
    I'd paint with Marine Paint the inside of at least one of the drawers to make it water resistant and use the drawer for my indoor plants especially in winter when I bring in many that need winter protection. Another I would paint the inside with
  • Margaret Adamski
    Margaret Adamski Seattle, WA
    I was thinking after I stare this picture. I was think Why not you put under the bed. Additional wood board and make a dresser into wood? Save $ instead of buy whole wood dresser under bed?
  • AvonelleRed
    AvonelleRed Montgomery, AL
    I would add some support to the undersides, then buy or make some legs to the bottom. On one, add a hinged lid, and you can use it for a cute little writing desk. On the deepest one, just use short legs, add a hinged lid, and then put some covered foam
  • Donna Murphy
    Donna Murphy Salida, CA
    I've seen drawers cut down and mounted on the wall as decorative shelves.
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Headboard.....
  • Mcgypsy9
    Mcgypsy9 Mooresville, NC
    I love the way you have them sitting on the floor. I would add wood inside the two bottom drawers to make them higher from each other and I would let each one sit just the way you have them pictured above, add plants to the top one and maybe a book, some
  • Riki Batchbaum
    Riki Batchbaum Fort Lauderdale, FL
    attach 4 legs and make a mini bar, maybe 4 legs with wheels/coasters
  • Jackie I
    Jackie I Phoenix, AZ
    Add some support inside each corner and put some nice turned wood legs then turn it over and use it as a table! I don't know what the bottom of the drawer looks like but if you need to add a wood top I would stain them a dark color and match them with
  • Anec
    I would put legs on each and cut them in graduated sizes, so each drawer (now table) will be a bit shorter... Just like nesting tables.Then paint the insides or put a pretty wallpaper inside. Once thats done, fill them with family trinkets, and place a
Sherry R