Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Dream Home 4 days ago

Found some really neat drawers that came out of dresser. Dresser is missing. Purchased 3 gorgeous drawers and need ideas

I found these beautiful drawers (no clean-up or touch up needed) perfect condition.

For some reason, I couldn't walk away. Just one of those pieces that screamed "take me home" So cheap I couldn't resist. The top two are the same but the bottom drawer is deeper. The photos show them stacked against my bedroom wall. These can be anything from storage to plant container. I really love the shabby chic and can see a plant in the top. Really....... need some ideas for support and decorating. Probably do second one full of magazines. Thanks for looking.

24 Comments Displaying 15 of 24 comments | See Previous
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    love the window box idea - or you could make a dog bed from one
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Sherry R
    Sherry R Lubbock, TX
    I love all the ideas especially storage. I live in 60 yr. old house with very little built in

storage. I have lots of extra towels, magazines and wanted a place with easy access.

• Sherry R
    Sherry R Lubbock, TX
    These new photos show the room "AFTER" the

• Cheryl Sinclair
    Cheryl Sinclair Franklin, KS
    Build a frame for the bottom of the drawer. Find some frenchy looking legs (Home Depot), attach them to the frame, paint to match the drawer, purchase foam and upholster for a cute, cute bench!! I've been looking for drawers to do this exact thing! Be
  • Patricia Brining
    Patricia Brining Ellenton, FL
    These would be great with roller on them for under bed storage!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    There is one place for storage most people never think of and that is under the sofa! I once had a rather large, ornate mirror I was not sure where I wanted to put it, but I need to get it out of harms way...so under the sofa in the living room it went!
  • Andrea S
    Andrea S Canada
    Bedside tables from the 2 that are the same, you can get long tapered or turned legs from the building supply store. The deeper one can be a storage tray or a breakfast server tray on the bench at the foot of the bed in the same room. Or you can make a
    • Bernice H
      Bernice H Yakima, WA
      Andrea S bedside tables ..awesome idea! just buy some legs ...wow! good idea!
  • Wabbitears
    Wabbitears Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I think using dowels inserted in the corners mounting them as they are pictured with space in-between and using them inside a closet to keep something like pajamas or gowns (even houseshoes) could provide a designated space for something you have yet to
  • Sherry R
    Sherry R Lubbock, TX
    Thanks for your idea.
  • Barbara Aubrey
    Barbara Aubrey Austin, TX
    I'd paint with Marine Paint the inside of at least one of the drawers to make it water resistant and use the drawer for my indoor plants especially in winter when I bring in many that need winter protection. Another I would paint the inside with
  • Margaret Adamski
    Margaret Adamski Seattle, WA
    I was thinking after I stare this picture. I was think Why not you put under the bed. Additional wood board and make a dresser into wood? Save $ instead of buy whole wood dresser under bed?
  • AvonelleRed
    AvonelleRed Montgomery, AL
    I would add some support to the undersides, then buy or make some legs to the bottom. On one, add a hinged lid, and you can use it for a cute little writing desk. On the deepest one, just use short legs, add a hinged lid, and then put some covered foam
  • Donna Murphy
    Donna Murphy Salida, CA
    I've seen drawers cut down and mounted on the wall as decorative shelves.
Sherry R
  • Likes

Pnut Carol L Sharon @ mrs. hines class Cheryl Sinclair Patricia Barbie Rushford Kylie Lawson Penny Connie Smith Valerie Mary  Crose

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!