Hometalk.com

12 Comments Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • We have these in our yard from time to time. I looked it up and they are a type of fungus called Stinkhorn. Very creepy looking.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Wow that's odd looking. I'm thinking maybe Douglas or Four Season Nursery & Landscaping might though.
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Smelly, and a fairly common sight in Florida. Also known, colorfully, as deadman's fingers. For a good discussion, see:

http://www.floridata.com/tracks/GardenersJou...

• Mandi J Crestview, FL
    Awesome info Thank you Doug!!
  • Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    great read, thank you, Douglas Hunt.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    I knew one of you would know. Thank you Douglas and Four Season for stopping in. Quite an amazing "thing". Hard to call it a plant.
  • Connie H Wimauma, FL
    yeah have had that in my yard before as well. Glad I did not smell it. =>
  • Donna Dixson Buford, GA
    lol Connie H , I have picture of the ahummm 'phallus' one I took here at the nursery, which I didn't smell! I stayed pretty far way from it because it was really really peculiar :)
  • Dayoris Custom Hialeah, FL
    Sorry but this looks like poop to me. It was the first thing I thought about but obviously artistic poop ;-)
  • Mandi J Crestview, FL
    LOL I didn't smell it either, thank goodness.
  • Cheryl Stump Deland, FL
    i dont know the true name of it,,,but w call it the stink flower,,i get them every year and they are ugly and stinky,,,well if they didnt stink sometimes they can form into a nice weird shape that is atalk of the party lol...but whooosh they stink bad
  • Alice Nielsen East Hanover, NJ
    Yuk, Ugh . That is no flower, looks like a creepy crawler to me.. So fugly, yuk, yuk..
  • Like

Kelly O