True BEFORE Pictures

05.10.14
Ok here is some TRUE before pictures I started with! Paint in kitchen never completed, you cannot see but the tiles are peeling up in places seeing the 3 layers, I added the microwave hutch but there was no plug in so had to have a long Douglas Hunt and Miriam I these tell more of my story...I posted these under the newer ones and nobody seemed to see them so sorry for the 2nd post.
Time: 6 Months Cost: $22000 Difficulty: Challenging
  • Moved drawer base to end to put portable dishwasher where stove was...note the draft is not over stove the ugly floors and at parts the 3 layers under show quite readily
  • Kitchen from the living room, half painted walls, drawer base unfinished cuz i movd it..the kneewall used to go across where the drawers are I tore that out to make room
  • I had an illfitting hutch for the microwave..there is extension cord to plug in since this was simply the ENTRANCE to the dining room...I painted the cheap hutch added floral in the top windows
  • Dining room...weird placement of the light and ugly floors and nothing on walls..we added the beadboard and trim and wood floor
  • Just ugly shows EVERYTHING brown carpet.
  • Bedroom was ok but BLAH new carpet ok...we added wood floors and some baseboard molding and paint
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    You should look at these every once in a while just to remind yourself of how happy you are to have what you do now.
    • Tanya Peterson Felsheim
      Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR
      Douglas Hunt its funny I posted to someone who had a similar ugly countertop (at least to me) and had forgotten these were posted. You're right I need to revisit this ugly to remind me to be thankful haha
  • Lulu Dubin
    Lulu Dubin Cedarhurst, NY
    wow wow wow. I came across this post and saw that it was the before pictures of a previous post. What an amazing transformation!

But on another note, I see you had trouble uploading these to your other post. Would you like me to try to help you put

• Tanya Peterson Felsheim
    Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR
    Thank you Douglas Hunt I agree...it makes me so happy to see what I have created...not quite as artistic as yours but enough to really make me smile (when its clean of course!
  • Tanya Peterson Felsheim
    Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR
    i put them in comments but nobody really saw them....so This works for me...for now....But I would like to know in the future what you would suggest for sure@
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    The best thing about Hometalk is how supportive the community is. I hope you'll enjoy your time on the site.
Tanya Peterson Felsheim