Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
Organization 05.09.14

China Cabinet Styling ~Design Dilemma Solved!

Today I am sharing with you how I updated my so so china cabinet into a more stylish entertaining hutch. Ok so it was always a hutch, I just made the room so much more appealing by adding the woven basket textures to a rather plain piece of furniture. This cabinet really did not have much of a style to it, but it is a really nice piece of furniture. I just didn't love it. It seemed no matter how I displayed the dishes and glasses inside they got lost in the mirrored background. My husband absolutely forbid me to paint it and believe me I thought about doing it anyway while he was a work! I am glad I listened to him and came up with another way to solve this design dilemma. This is an easy transformation and the cabinet is now the focal point of the room. This was such a simple way to update a piece of furniture without paint.

To see more: http://madeinaday.com/2013/01/28/china-cabinet-styling/

1 Comment Displaying 1 of 1 comments
  • Lynne
    Lynne Detroit, MI
    it looks great! i have a large china, beautiful wood but long glass doors and mirrored back,,i don't really want to paint it, and you have given me some great ideas. everything does seem to disappear with all that glass..thanks for the post
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
Kim~ Made in a Day
  • Likes

Paula Chapman Amelia Anna Ibarra CereusArt Annette Snow Cynthia H Crystal Shinn Fisher Kelly MollieCrabtree