Hometalk.com

01.28.13

I need help with some coloring

I just moved in to my boyfriends house, which need a lot of work. He has some grass green carpet throughout the house that he is unwilling to take out, and has wood paneling on half of his walls. How could I somehow remodel without changing the carpet? What can I do to the other walls in the living room to make it more homey, yet the carpet look decent any suggestions?
5 Comments Displaying 5 of 5 comments
  • I do not know what style or color of furniture that you have so that is a disadvantage but I would suggest going with a neutral color on the walls but definitely paint the paneling. I have found that Ferrell Calhoun's moon drop works well in our income
  • Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    Did you know that you're in luck? How are you lucky you ask? Green is the "color" this year. I would pair the green with greys. You can find some grey area carpets to tone down the grass green carpet. If he is willing to get new furniture go with a
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Not sure how close Worthington is to an Ikea, but their Stokholm Blad WTs might work for you in one of the rooms.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/7...

• Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    becky, yes, green is my favorite color :) Not grass green like the carpet in this post though. She could go with a grey wash over the paneling if he doesn't go for all out painting. I think green and greys would be so nice together. My family room is
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Mary, you're profile picture pretty much gives your love of green away. :^)

Though our master bathroom walls are a beautiful pearlized silver, with pretty light green (almost like your top) towels, I