I need help with some coloring

01.13.16
I just moved in to my boyfriends house, which need a lot of work. He has some grass green carpet throughout the house that he is unwilling to take out, and has wood paneling on half of his walls. How could I somehow remodel without changing the carpet? What can I do to the other walls in the living room to make it more homey, yet the carpet look decent any suggestions?
  • Mary Insana
    Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    Did you know that you're in luck? How are you lucky you ask? Green is the "color" this year. I would pair the green with greys. You can find some grey area carpets to tone down the grass green carpet. If he is willing to get new furniture go with a
  • Zzzz...
    Zzzz... Albert, OK
    Not sure how close Worthington is to an Ikea, but their Stokholm Blad WTs might work for you in one of the rooms.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70...

• Mary Insana
    Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    becky, yes, green is my favorite color :) Not grass green like the carpet in this post though. She could go with a grey wash over the paneling if he doesn't go for all out painting. I think green and greys would be so nice together. My family room is
  • Zzzz...
    Zzzz... Albert, OK
    Mary, you're profile picture pretty much gives your love of green away. :^)

Though our master bathroom walls are a beautiful pearlized silver, with pretty light green (almost like your top) towels, I

• Margarite
    margarite Bridgeport, CT
    I had a house with green carpet and brown paneling on one wall. I hated the paneling so I primed and painted a cream color and a shade of beige on molding. At the time we had a beige sofa and a green leather chair that came with the house.
Tlange18