Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 7 days ago

Thrift Store Table Transformed with Chalk Paint & PolyShades

An old, beat up coffee table I picked up for $5. A little love in the way of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint & Minwax PolyShades made for a gorgeous new looking table....inexpensive & very easy way to decorate your home!
2 coats of Annie Sloan Old White, with a little distressing.
A few coats of Polyshades later and it was looking like new.
28 Comments Displaying 15 of 28 comments | See Previous
  • Shirley Anderson Colville, WA
    What is chalk paint?
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule Virginia Beach, VA
    Hi! Chalk Paint is another type of paint to paint with! You can make chalkboards with it also as it has those qualities. You have to seal it in some way for use with furniture. I use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
  • Shirley Anderson Colville, WA
    Black walnut and a little "expresso." Sorry to bother again. Is that a Poly Miniwax color or literally expresso? (sp)
    Sorry! I used a product called Minwax PolyShades. It's a poly and stain in one. The colors I used (mixed) to come up with the color for the table top is called "Antique Walnut" & "Espresso". They are the names of the Polyshades I chose. I've updated my
  • Love this transformation. I think I have a table just like that in my stash waiting to be painted! I love your blog...am your newest follower.
  • DIY 180 Winter Park, FL
    Hi, Nancy love the transformation on this table. I'm glad I found you on home talk. Have a great weekend and stay warm.
  • Shirley Anderson Colville, WA
    Well...that's that. $40.00 a gallon----$24.00 a quart. Cost-prohibitive for me.
    Thanks Kelly! and thanks so much for the kinds words and the follow! :)
    Thank you @DIY 180 ! :) You too!
  • Ene Pe-Bell Miami, FL
    I was looking for a makeover like this, I have the same style coffee table.. Now I can start my project... Thanks <3
    You are so welcome Ene Pe-Bell ! This was a fun one to do...and a pretty easy way to get an entirely new look. :)
  • Jennifer G Clifton, CO
    Only $5? WOW! I saw a similar table online and it was $145!!! You are amazing :) Way to see the hidden beauty of a discarded piece and make it beautiful again!
      Jennifer G Thank you! :) I know, it's crazy isn't it! Just a little bit of work and it looks like that $145 table. ;) Money saved ...I just love that!
  • Laurette Hollister, CA
    Wonderful work Nancy! Great way to save an old table probably headed for the landfill had you not bought it! Not to mention how great it looks now!!!