Thrift Store Table Transformed with Chalk Paint & PolyShades

An old, beat up coffee table I picked up for $5. A little love in the way of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint & Minwax PolyShades made for a gorgeous new looking table....inexpensive & very easy way to decorate your home!
2 coats of Annie Sloan Old White, with a little distressing.
  • $5 thrift store table very beat up.
A few coats of Polyshades later and it was looking like new.

To see more: http://www.artsychicksrule.com/2013/01/old-thrift-store-coffee-table.html

• Shirley Anderson
    Shirley Anderson Colville, WA
    Well...that's that. $40.00 a gallon----$24.00 a quart. Cost-prohibitive for me.
  • DIY 180
    DIY 180 Winter Park, FL
    Hi, Nancy love the transformation on this table. I'm glad I found you on home talk. Have a great weekend and stay warm.
  • Kelly@COPPER ROOF INTERIORSLLC
    Love this transformation. I think I have a table just like that in my stash waiting to be painted! I love your blog...am your newest follower.
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
    Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule Virginia Beach, VA
    Sorry! I used a product called Minwax PolyShades. It's a poly and stain in one. The colors I used (mixed) to come up with the color for the table top is called "Antique Walnut" & "Espresso". They are the names of the Polyshades I chose. I've updated my
  • Shirley Anderson
    Shirley Anderson Colville, WA
    Black walnut and a little "expresso." Sorry to bother again. Is that a Poly Miniwax color or literally expresso? (sp)
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
    Hi! Chalk Paint is another type of paint to paint with! You can make chalkboards with it also as it has those qualities. You have to seal it in some way for use with furniture. I use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
  • Shirley Anderson
    Shirley Anderson Colville, WA
    What is chalk paint?
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
    Thanks Tami! It's one of my fav combos too!
  • Tami @ Curb Alert!
    Tami @ Curb Alert! Montgomery, TX
    I am so in love with that combination! Great find and a great job!
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
    Thanks, me too! and it was mostly lost until I painted and distressed it! (which is usually the case with great detail in wood)
  • Kathy @ Petticoat Junktion
    love the detail!
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
    Thanks....thrift stores are just treasure chests waiting to be uncovered! I always find something
  • Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule
    Thank you! Yes, I do love chalk paint!! Very much. ;)
  • Trent-Tonya Sharp
    Trent-Tonya Sharp Franklinton, LA
    stunning i just love finding thrift store finds
  • Adventures in Decorating
    Simply gorgeous ... you did an amazing job! Don't you just love chalk paint. :)
Nancy @ ArtsyChicksRule

Search Feedback