Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 3 days ago

Kitchen Cabinets Transformation

Our kitchen island cabinets were professionally painted black over ten years ago and were showing a lot of wear so I broke out the paint brush and paint and gave them a lift.

This took me less than a week and I love the outcome. Hubby said he is going to hire me out. ha ha Come on over to my blog to see much more and the before link is in the post.

Time: 5 Days Cost: $100 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/01/the-kitchen-project-reveal.html

30 Comments Displaying 15 of 30 comments | See Previous
  • Kim N Buford, GA
    Thanks everyone and you can find the before link in my blog post.
  • Looks beautiful!
  • Catherine G Buford, GA
    What is that color? It's the color I've been looking for to paint some beadboard for my coffered ceiling.
  • Kim N Buford, GA
    Catherine, the color is from a process of layers. The main color is Chateau Gray Annie Sloan chalk paint along with other steps. I will share the tutorial on my blog soon.
  • beautiful colour!
  • Catherine G Buford, GA
    I only use ASCP! Love it! I'll be following your blog. I too, have black cabinetry that came from the factory that way and I am looking for that greenish color. I also, live in Buford.
  • Kim N Buford, GA
    Catherine, that is great. I was hesitant to use it on the cabinets, but sure saved time not to sand and prime.
  • I'll hire you! How much? ;) Your cabinets turned out beautiful!!! Well done!
  • Tanya Peterson Felsheim Grants Pass, OR
    The new color is perfect! I did like the off white but with the stark contrast to the dark used to be really popular but this is so much more relaxing and mellow! Good work.
  • Norma Canada
    Gorgeous. I want to do that to my cabinets. I will be looking forward to your blog post. Thank you for this.
  • Kim N Buford, GA
    Norma. that post was already published a couple weeks ago on my blog.
  • Ahrisha Lesher Lancaster, PA
    Beautiful ! How are you liking it now, after a few weeks? I am wanting to do my kitchen cabinets with ASCP also. Going to check out your blog post. Thanks for sharing.
  • Kim N Buford, GA
    Arisha, they look just like they did when I painted them.
  • 11 Magnolia Lane Warrenton, VA
    Great job, as always, Kim! They're such a pain to paint, but it's SO worth it!