Hometalk.com

02.05.13

I want to paint my guest bathroom black. Black and what? I'm thinking maybe a cream or white. Too boring?

Any suggestions?
59 Comments Displaying 15 of 59 comments | See Previous
  • Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    love that floor tile, too! really pretty!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Cheryl, we painted the panels on our pantry door in chalk board paint. We use the upper ones for grocery list and let our grandsons use them to draw and write on. They love them.
  • Shirle Amick Ventura, CA
    I would'nt paint all the walls black . I would paint 1 wall black and coat it with a glaze , then have black @ another color as accent . Perhaps a black and white rug would be cool !
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    The basic black/white/red is so classic and charming. White trim is no problem if you use a good paint that comes with a washable finish. I have found that the glossy has a tendency to hold dirt more than a flat with a finish. Use a white shower curtain,
  • Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    good morning! becky, i have a chalkboard in the kitchen that the grand kids leave sweet little notes to nana and papa. i love that!
  • Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    jeannete, you gave me some really interesting ideas! thank you! i really like the light fixture idea!
  • Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    you guys gave me some wonderful ideas and each and every suggestion is very much appreciated! now for a little more help please! i have decided to go with black on the bottom portion of the walls, cream chair rail and vanity with emerald green on the
  • Becky Blair, NE
    If you can load a photo that is as straight on as possible I'd be happy to do a mock up to help you chose Cheryl.
  • Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    hi, there, becky! this may come as a shock to anyone out there in this day and age of tech savey people, but i am not one of them! i don't know how to upload pictures. as funny as it sounds, i'm surprised to have figured out how to do this chatting
  • Becky Blair, NE
    No laughing though I admit it did bring a smile to my face. If you know how to add the pictures to your computer you're halfway there. Just click on the blue "Add Photos or Videos" below where you type a message and soon you'll see another window pop up
  • Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    okay! did i do it right?
  • Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    oh! i did it! you sure made it easy, becky! thanks, oh, great teacher! all of this bathroom is to be changed and we have alread started some of it. so pretty much it's a blank slate.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Cheryl. This is not the best virtual, but hopefully it will give you a bit of an idea of your color choice. I'm way past my "gotta do housework" time so I'll have to come back to do more.
  • Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    that's fun! i think you have answered my question! i think i'll use a lighter emerald.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Glad I could help.