I want to paint my guest bathroom black. Black and what? I'm thinking maybe a cream or white. Too boring?

02.05.13
Any suggestions?
  • Georgia Lyman
    Georgia Lyman Glens Falls, NY
    when my daughter was a teenager,she wanted a black bedroom with silver trim. I vetoed it. Navy blue would bw a vwetter choice with cream trim.
  • Cheryl stanley
    Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    your nautical bathroom sounds really pretty, mary. i hadn't thought about the steam runs. are they still visible after drying? good point! and the chalkboard powder room sounds interesting! can you write on it, too? love the beadboard! i'm still on the
  • Kala Professional Restoration services
    How about black with light blue shade? I think it will give a cool look.
  • Days of Chalk and Chocolate
    My powder room is black and white and I love it! It's chalkboard on the top and white bead board on the lower half. We haven't finished the process so this is an old picture but you can get the idea!
  • Mary Insana
    Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    I love the idea of a black, cream and red bathroom. I painted one of our bathrooms navy. It has a nautical theme with sand colored flooring, cream trim,ceiling and door with white accents. It is a small bathroom and the dark nacy doe not make it look
  • Cheryl stanley
    Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    oh! my! that sounds just beautiful, julie! are there pictures?
  • Julie
    Julie Mason, MI
    I painted my bathroom cabinets black sanded the edges and stained them for a rustic black look . Then painted my wall a medium camel brown. Classy look!
  • Cheryl stanley
    Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    thank you, sharon! i think it's classic, too!
  • Cheryl stanley
    Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    jonell, i think purple would be lovely! i wish my husband loved purple as much as i do. sadly, there is no purple in the house decor, but there sure is in my wardrobe!
  • Cheryl stanley
    Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    so true! that would be cream AND white! i could use emerald or cobalt do-dads and pretties as accents! so glad i asked the question. you guys are so smart! feel free to keep the suggestions coming, though! i need all the help i can get since i am
  • Jonell Everett
    Jonell Everett Clarkton, MO
    There is a rug I think its at walmart, its got black,tan,and cream in it. I think that would hide more. I am going to do purple with my bath, maybe....lol
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Not boring....classic! You can add splashes of blue, green, yellow or whatever your favorite color is. I love using black and white to make my favorite colors pop.
  • Gina Little
    Gina Little Raeford, NC
    Pet Hair on any rugs is inevitable...lol

I like Black and cream, you can find nice wrought iron fixtures for the towels and toilet paper holders and cleaners. Not

• Cheryl stanley
    Cheryl stanley Kansas City, MO
    since i have 2 dogs and 2 cats, one each being white, i say no to black throw rugs, too! so does mom have any color combos that she loves?
  • Jonell Everett
    Jonell Everett Clarkton, MO
    My mother said NO, lol I had a black throw rugs and that was awful. So good lock and post pics. please..
Cheryl stanley