Antique Sewing Machine Makeover

Before & After 07.13.15
Well, I think we all have at least one. I have two and another being promised to me. My mom's side of the family were the creative ones and their sewing machines were kept, passed down, and treasured. Until me. It is time for an Antique Sewing Machine Makeover! I've been hiding that thing for 20 years and the hubby has threatened to throw it away on numerous occasions. Only room for one in the attic. During all the construction it got used as a work bench and a paint station. We were nearing Christmas and my son coming in from the Marines we rushed to put the house back to some sort of order. I was left with an extra piece to the puzzle and no place to fit in. Kind of felt sorry for it. It was time..something even if it was minor had to give it the ReLove it deserved. After all Aunt Rosie Saved up for a year to buy it. I could at least show it the respect it deserved.
I didn't have time to makeover the iron legs and I will get to caring for the rest of this soon but for now it says " I'm ReLoved" Aunt Rosie would be proud and I'll always look at it and chuckle about her stepping in the paint bucket when I was little.
I painted the top with Two coats of black. No sanding no priming. Let dry for about 2 hours. I then used a French Script stencil from http://www.wallmasque.com.
Then I let it dry for a few more hours..mainly because I had a million things to do.
Then....I....that is it it was done! Woot Woot move on to the other messes in the house.
Time: 2 Hours Cost: $30.00 Difficulty: Moderate
  • Antique Sewing Machine Makeover ReLoved with French Script Stencil
  • Antique Sewing Machine Makeover ReLoved French Script Stencil
  • Marcie Peterson
    Marcie Peterson Idaho Falls, ID
    Love this. I have one that needs a make over!
  • Pam Perkins Zirbel
    Hey Shab2Fab! With that FAT paint, should it or could it be clear coated to make it shiny if you wanted to?! I know it is 'chalkboard' paint and to be able to write on it, oh crud...never mind!! That is the 'reason' for that paint! Duhhh!!!! :)
  • Stormie Remus
    Stormie Remus Villard, MN
    Beautiful!!! What does the stenciling say?
  • Shabby Paints
    Shabby Paints Goodlettsville, TN
    J'aime ton sens de l'humour – “I like your sense of humor”Tu me fais rire – “you make me laugh”Tu racontes des choses intéressantes – “you tell interesting things”Je t'adore Toujours dans mon Coeur - "I adore you” or “always in my
  • Lttamayo
    I've been trying to find a sewing machine cabinet like this one. Good job!
Shabby Paints