Painting Stairs and Adding Runners

Stairs 7 days ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
With my house renovation, we updated the stair treads with new pine treads painted dark chocolate brown, as well as white risers. My plans all along have been to add a runner and I just got that finished. These are Dash and Albert indoor/outdoor runners and should be very durable for stairs. I used carpet tape and 1/2" staples to keep them in place and love the outcome!

You can see the entire tutorial on my blog!

To see more:

• Cornelia Schott
    Cornelia Schott Cranberry Twp, PA
    We are about to tackle our knee wall staircase. Your finished staircase looks great and thanks for sharing the materials you used.
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    HI, Dash, actually your name is very appropriate for this runner. It's a Dash and Albert indoor/outdoor runner, so check them out online.
  • Dashab08
    Hi Rhoda, I have been looking for a runner like this for a while now! Where did you get it?

Thanks in advance.

• Tina
    Tina Raleigh, NC
    This is spectacular!
  • Christina Cole
    Christina Cole Hiram, GA
    I just love it and I'm definately going to do in my home. Mainly, because I have been looking for a solution to fix for my poor dogs (2 of the 3 Boxers not liking the stairs! They try to grip onto something and there is nothing there and they just start
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Hi, Kimberly, mine is the khaki/white combo and I love it still!
  • Kimberly Reister
    Kimberly Reister Dallas, TX
    Hi. Love this and am going for it. Can you tell me which color this is? I'm trying to decide between the Brown/Khaki, Khaki/White or Charcoal/Taupe. Curious which you used. THanks!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Hightstown, NJ
    Wow! It looks great! I might practice on my basement stairs first!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Great Connie, I'm glad you got some inspiration. I love my runners!
  • Connie K
    Connie K Kennesaw, GA
    Rhoda, I just now saw this post and can't wait to show it to my hubby. That's what I want to do to our stairs. When I mentioned using a running he got that "husband look" on his face. Maybe your photos will help!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    THanks, Holly, I've got quite a crush myself. Really happy with this one!
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    I have such a blogger crush on your stairs, Rhoda! They are gorgeous!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Great, hope it works out for you too!
  • Johna D
    Johna D Fayetteville, NC
    We just got back from buying carpet runner, and was looking on the web on ideas how to install it, I jump on facebook (side-tracked again) and I see your post!! Thanks
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Thank you all for taking a look! I really do love them.
Rhoda V

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post