Painting Stairs and Adding Runners

DIY 04.14.16
With my house renovation, we updated the stair treads with new pine treads painted dark chocolate brown, as well as white risers. My plans all along have been to add a runner and I just got that finished. These are Dash and Albert indoor/outdoor runners and should be very durable for stairs. I used carpet tape and 1/2" staples to keep them in place and love the outcome!

You can see the entire tutorial on my blog!

To see more: http://southernhospitalityblog.com/painted-stairs-and-adding-runners/

• Dashab08
    Hi Rhoda, I have been looking for a runner like this for a while now! Where did you get it?

Thanks in advance.

• Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    HI, Dash, actually your name is very appropriate for this runner. It's a Dash and Albert indoor/outdoor runner, so check them out online.
  • Cornelia Schott
    Cornelia Schott Cranberry Twp, PA
    We are about to tackle our knee wall staircase. Your finished staircase looks great and thanks for sharing the materials you used.
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Wendy, I think stapling is definitely needed to keep it in place. Mine are still looking good 3 years later.
  • Ccozens
    I think I just found it on your blog....Valspar (Lowe's) Fired Earth? thank you!!
Rhoda V