Painting Stairs and Adding Runners

Awesome Remodels 01.01.15
With my house renovation, we updated the stair treads with new pine treads painted dark chocolate brown, as well as white risers. My plans all along have been to add a runner and I just got that finished. These are Dash and Albert indoor/outdoor runners and should be very durable for stairs. I used carpet tape and 1/2" staples to keep them in place and love the outcome!

You can see the entire tutorial on my blog!

#ProudestDIY

To see more: http://southernhospitalityblog.com/painted-stairs-and-adding-runners/

• Debbie Borthwick
    This project turned out gorgeous!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Thank you all for taking a look! I really do love them.
  • Johna D
    Johna D Fayetteville, NC
    We just got back from buying carpet runner, and was looking on the web on ideas how to install it, I jump on facebook (side-tracked again) and I see your post!! Thanks
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Great, hope it works out for you too!
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    I have such a blogger crush on your stairs, Rhoda! They are gorgeous!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    THanks, Holly, I've got quite a crush myself. Really happy with this one!
  • Connie K
    Connie K Kennesaw, GA
    Rhoda, I just now saw this post and can't wait to show it to my hubby. That's what I want to do to our stairs. When I mentioned using a running he got that "husband look" on his face. Maybe your photos will help!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Great Connie, I'm glad you got some inspiration. I love my runners!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Hightstown, NJ
    Wow! It looks great! I might practice on my basement stairs first!
  • Kimberly Reister
    Kimberly Reister Dallas, TX
    Hi. Love this and am going for it. Can you tell me which color this is? I'm trying to decide between the Brown/Khaki, Khaki/White or Charcoal/Taupe. Curious which you used. THanks!
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Hi, Kimberly, mine is the khaki/white combo and I love it still!
  • Christina Cole
    Christina Cole Hiram, GA
    I just love it and I'm definately going to do in my home. Mainly, because I have been looking for a solution to fix for my poor dogs (2 of the 3 Boxers not liking the stairs! They try to grip onto something and there is nothing there and they just start
  • Tina
    Tina Raleigh, NC
    This is spectacular!
  • Dashab08
    Hi Rhoda, I have been looking for a runner like this for a while now! Where did you get it?

Thanks in advance.

• Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    HI, Dash, actually your name is very appropriate for this runner. It's a Dash and Albert indoor/outdoor runner, so check them out online.
Rhoda V