Hometalk.com

Stair ideas 01.14.14

Painting Stairs and Adding Runners

With my house renovation, we updated the stair treads with new pine treads painted dark chocolate brown, as well as white risers. My plans all along have been to add a runner and I just got that finished. These are Dash and Albert indoor/outdoor runners and should be very durable for stairs. I used carpet tape and 1/2" staples to keep them in place and love the outcome!

You can see the entire tutorial on my blog!

#ProudestDIY

To see more: http://southernhospitalityblog.com/painted-stairs-and-adding-runners/

7624 on Jan 29, 2013
17 Comments Displaying 15 of 17 comments | See Previous
  • The stairs are stunning, @Rhoda! I love the classic look of the white and brown treads and risers. The carpet runner REALLY adds to the look. Beautiful work!
  • Really attractive stairs makeover!
  • This project turned out gorgeous!
  • Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Thank you all for taking a look! I really do love them.
  • Johna D Fayetteville, NC
    We just got back from buying carpet runner, and was looking on the web on ideas how to install it, I jump on facebook (side-tracked again) and I see your post!! Thanks
  • Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Great, hope it works out for you too!
  • Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    I have such a blogger crush on your stairs, Rhoda! They are gorgeous!
  • Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    THanks, Holly, I've got quite a crush myself. Really happy with this one!
  • Connie K Kennesaw, GA
    Rhoda, I just now saw this post and can't wait to show it to my hubby. That's what I want to do to our stairs. When I mentioned using a running he got that "husband look" on his face. Maybe your photos will help!
  • Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Great Connie, I'm glad you got some inspiration. I love my runners!
  • Lauren Hightstown, NJ
    Wow! It looks great! I might practice on my basement stairs first!
  • Kimberly Reister Dallas, TX
    Hi. Love this and am going for it. Can you tell me which color this is? I'm trying to decide between the Brown/Khaki, Khaki/White or Charcoal/Taupe. Curious which you used. THanks!
  • Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Hi, Kimberly, mine is the khaki/white combo and I love it still!
  • Christina Cole Hiram, GA
    I just love it and I'm definately going to do in my home. Mainly, because I have been looking for a solution to fix for my poor dogs (2 of the 3 Boxers not liking the stairs! They try to grip onto something and there is nothing there and they just start
  • Tina Raleigh, NC
    This is spectacular!