Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.02.14

How to Easily Clean grimy Vinyl Floors!

My Vinyl floors had gotten so grimy over the years, that I thought I was going to have to replace them. Then I found out about a neat tip, that got them sparkling clean and it was so easy! I used a cleaning product that most people probably already have, but not one made for floors! Want to know what it is? It's Scrubbing Bubbles! I have the full details on my blog. http://thegraphicsfairy.com/my-secret-tip-fo...

To see more: http://thegraphicsfairy.com/my-secret-tip-for-easily-cleaning-vinyl-floors/

98 Comments Displaying 16 of 98 comments | See Previous
  • Debra Miller New Ringgold, PA
    Hi Lady`s Does anyone have any idea`s on cleaning cooking grease build up off of kitchen cabinet face? I need something that won`t damage the surface.Thank you in advance.
    • Linda Stone Inman, SC
      Debra Miller Have you tried the Mr Clean Erasers? My son was asking me about the grease on his stove. I suggested a couple of things, but while visiting him I found one of the erasers and tried it. Works like a charm! Squeaky clean!
  • I used to use this stuff on everything, microwave, refridgerators, cars, boats anything .
  • Sylvia N Campobello, SC
    I saw a post today for cleaning kitchen cabinets. Soft Scrub, with lemon. It says lemon on the bottle. I like Lysol Bathroom Cleaner for tough dirt and scum. Spray and walk away for ten minutes, then clean.
  • Thanks for the tip! I am definitely going to try this on our bathroom vinyl!
  • Sharon Canada
    Try arm & hammer scrub free. Contains bleach, works great on kitchen cabinets, greasy stoves, countertops, have to try it on the floor. It's non aerosol.
  • Nita O Ridgeley, WV
    my teen uses the bathroom cleaner on the floors, the foam that goes on purple and turns white when ready to be cleaned up. it's great!
  • Sally M. Agawam, MA
    Thanks Karen - I am going to try this tomorrow. When we moved into our home...the kitchen floor had large grey area's where they had a computer desk and also a harvest table and benches.
  • Becky Y Yamhill, OR
    I tried this with no results. Never will I buy while vinyl again.
  • Lisa P Maryville, IL
    Scrubbing bubbles is great for hair spray build up on your bathroom floor. Open the windows and after it's clean I would give go over it with just water a few times to remove odor.
  • Candy Sandy, UT
    I use a grocery bottom box to store my clean ing products under the sink; u know the kind the cut 2" high? it's movable and free to replace!
  • Mary Law Villa Rica, GA
    I vacuum up the loose stuff, then go over it with the Shark Steam mop. Amazing!
  • Jackie Prim Stillwater, NJ
    I used SB and a steam mop.My nasty black and white soft tile are perfectly clean.
  • Georgia Beardsley Raleigh, NC
    I have linoleum but I suppose it will work the same. Will try it!
  • Carol Merchant Lebanon, OH
    I use Once and Done and a magic eraser on my black and white vinyl floor.Works great!
  • Hi Georgia Beardsley I haven't tried it on real linoleum. Let us know if it works for you!