How to Easily Clean grimy Vinyl Floors! | Hometalk
63K Views

How to Easily Clean grimy Vinyl Floors!

Cleaning ideas on Jun 17, 2016
63K Views
My Vinyl floors had gotten so grimy over the years, that I thought I was going to have to replace them. Then I found out about a neat tip, that got them sparkling clean and it was so easy! I used a cleaning product that most people probably already have, but not one made for floors! Want to know what it is? It's Scrubbing Bubbles! I have the full details on my blog. http://thegraphicsfairy.com/my-secret-tip-for-easily-cleaning-vinyl-floors/
  • how to easily clean grimy vinyl floors, cleaning tips, flooring, tile flooring

To see more: http://thegraphicsfairy.com/my-secret-tip-for-easily-cleaning-vinyl-floors/

Have Questions About This Post?

• Capernius
    Capernius Laporte, IN

This is a good idea if you do not mind the chemicals being in your home...
    And I'll admit to this being a great time & energy saver...
    But I would never use it. too many chemicals.
    I have always used straight vinegar to clean almost everything in

• Sunshine_Trish
      Sunshine_Trish Stanhope, NJ

@Capernius Do you use the wool yarn balls for your dryer? I just saw this not too long ago. They replace dryer sheets and the need for fabric softener. You can make them yourself or purchase them on Amazon. You can add essential oil to them for

• Capernius
    Capernius Laporte, IN

Yes Ma'am I do...I also throw in some tennis balls to soften things up..the yarn balls are great for static cling, but they do not soften the clothes enough to suit me...hence the tennis balls.
    I thank you Ma'am for taking the time out of your busy

• Fran
    Fran Livermore, CA

Another--old fashion--way to get rid of build-up (you'll need a mask) is amonia.

• Diana Deiley
    Diana Deiley Nokomis, FL

Thanks ladies, I need to do this in my entire home. Previous owner installed self adhesive tiles everywhere....yuko. Scrubbing Bubbles it is! I'll let you know.

• Gail Salminen

@Diana Deiley if your doing large areas wear gloves - I didn't find it caustic at all by my hands don't like lengthy periods of soap and water.

• Diana Deiley
    Diana Deiley Nokomis, FL

Hi Gail, thanks for the advice, I have 7 rooms to do! I'll need a lot of bubbles. :)

­