• Sandra Johnson
    Sandra Johnson Islip, NY
    are the cabinets painted too? are they real wood? looking to paint my press board cabinets and they look very similar to those- it looks amazing I can't wait to try it
  • Four Marrs & One Venus
    Hi Sandra Johnson the cabinets were a oak color and they were stained the cherry by the previous owners of the house! But take a look at Giani Granites site, they sell a cabinet paint that I have heard works wonders!
  • Monica Koch
    Monica Koch South Wayne, WI
    Would never have guessed the cabiets were painted. They are gorgeous!!
  • Lisa Angel
    Lisa Angel Santa Rosa Beach, FL
    I want to try this so bad but I am scared I will mess it up and make the counters look worse than they are now...lol. I am working up my nerve.
  • House on the Way - Leslie
    I think this is too cool! I didn't even know this could be done! great!
  • Four Marrs & One Venus
    Lisa Angel work that nerve up! Really... I was scared too honestly! But I am so thrilled at the results, and truly you can't "mess" them up..just keep adding paint until you get
  • Lisa Angel
    Lisa Angel Santa Rosa Beach, FL
    Four Marrs & One Venus, thanks. I hope I get up the nerve to do it. I will certainly take pics if I do. =)
  • April Cooke
    April Cooke Elk Grove, CA
    Why not? What's the worst that could happen, laminate is easily & inexpensively replaced. They even have laminates that look like granite. Don't worry, just have a plan B in place!
  • Mary fortuna
    Mary fortuna Comstock Park, MI
    I did this to my countertops approx. 14 months ago and they are now peeling, esp. the edges and places on the counter that is heavily used. Giani sent me an epoxy to use but did not want to go through the whole patching and sanding process just to maybe
    • Alice Shockley
      Alice Shockley Jefferson City, MO
      I did mine two years ago and none of it is peeling in the kitchen. I'm careful to not let water stand and keeping heat off it. I'm really not terribly surprised about your bathroom though, water is the enemy of this stuff. Still, if you have hideous
  • Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells Jackson, GA
    Jen- Giani's website says "the cure time for GIANI is approximately two weeks to achieve its full hardness". Did you have to wait two weeks to use your counter-tops? Thanks
  • Cindy Miller
    Cindy Miller Belleville, IL
    I put about 4 layers of poly on mine. Don't let wet rags or standing water stay long around sink either.
Four Marrs & One Venus