Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.05.14

An Easy Solution For the Blank Space Over the Window

When we bought the farmhouse the windows were simple and without a lot of detail. I wanted a little more drama....but I didn't have the money to afford expensive window moldings. So my husband and I came up with this solution to add flair and personality to the windows that is so easy on the pocketbook.

You just need plywood boards, picture molding and a simple 3' crown molding to complete the project! And your windows will totally thank you!

Time: 4 Hours Cost: $22.00 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com/what-about-that-space-over-the-window

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • L.E. & Company Creal Springs, IL
    .......Very nice Finished look!.....Will be trying this soon, I'm one for placing draperies to the ceiling!.....Thanks~
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    One of my favorite rooms of all time. This is such a great idea!
  • Stunning! And it does look easy! hmm... dangerous! :)
  • Love your dining room. We live in a cabin and our molding is wide wood stain boards. I have the same problem. I might try this in our master bedroom. Will be scary if I like it and want to do the entire cabin! Yikes!
  • gorgeous!
  • Stunning! Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing this tutorial!
  • Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    Thanks everyone! It is so easy and costs almost nothing!
  • Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy Mukilteo, WA
    That is so beautiful, and so clever. I love ideas like this!
  • Being a builder, this is an awesome idea for those 10' walls !!!!!! TY for sharing all of your terrific ideas!!