Getting your garden ready for Spring

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
While we wait for the temperatures to warm up and any danger of a frost to pass, there a few gardening tasks we can tend to now. Follow these tips for beautiful blooms in the Spring. #GardeningTips #itching4spring #ThinkSpring #SpringForward
Difficulty: Easy
A little work now will result in a big pay off in the spring.
Prune your knockout roses in late winter/early spring. A goo rule of thumb is Valentine's Day.
Start seedlings indoors.
Cut back your crepe myrtles...but be careful not to "murder" them.

To see more:

Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Those are timely tips. I am just getting ready to prune my crepe myrtle. Add anything that blooms on new wood to the list, so I'll be doing my vitex as well.
  • Better Outdoor Living at Home
    Lucky you, having crepe myrtle in your yard! First time I saw crepe myrtle was on a visit to Williamsburg, VA! They're just beautiful, but they unfortunately don't grow in Ohio :( We have a ways to go yet here before the frost danger is over! ~M
  • Kathy R
    Kathy R Sparta, GA
    Great tips! I LOVE Crape Myrtles in the summer garden
Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post