Hometalk.com

11.05.11

How do you clean tall glass cylinders

406 on Oct 23, 2011
8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Good get but I think a long handled bottle brush is what you need! JL
  • Imagery Littleton, CO
    Bottle brush is what we use. We don't need it often, but when we do, it sure is nice to have! Kinda like a back scratcher, don't need it all the time, but sure glad you have it when you need it!
  • Soak it first with some soap and warm water and it will be easier to clean with a bottle brush,
  • If you find that a bottle brush available at most stores is too short (handle) or too wide for your bottle, there are some very flexible tube cleaning brushes available with long flexible handles. I found some at sporting goods stores that are good for
  • Lori H Gainesville, GA
    If you have a film on the glass, try using salt-we used to use that with just a little warm water to clean glass coffee pots that were hard to scrub. We simply put some warm water, some ice, and some salt in it, shook it vigorously, and then rinsed
  • Karen S Winchester, TN
    Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas. This cylinder had bamboo plant in it so there is a film at the bottom around 4 inches wide. I've tried all the suggestions but so far it is not working!
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    When I was working my way through college I had a part time gig as a Medical Microbiology lab tech...I made media (agar plates) and such and also had to clean zillions of test tubes + other dishes. We had a "wonder solution" of a a couple of different
  • Karen S Winchester, TN
    Using hot vinegar has been the most successful suggestion. Most of crude on the bottom of my glass cylinder is hardly noticeable. Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions!