Hometalk.com

16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    They look brand new! Great job.
  • Kristin San Marcos, CA
    Thank you ladies :)
  • Kellie Alexander Lees Summit, MO
    Looks fabulous!
  • love the look
  • Allison Cottle Redding, CT
    Beautiful.
  • Melanie Watson Elkhart, IN
    Love the look. What was the finish of the paint? Satin?
  • Kristin San Marcos, CA
    I used semi gloss.
  • Really beautiful! So bright and airy, love that chair, too.
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Oh! I want! NOW! I have a large built in bookcase at the end of my den in walnut and a brick dark fireplace at the other end! I want both painted out! Finally got a grunt from "Oscar the Grouch" instead of a growl about painting the fireplace, so I am
  • Kristin San Marcos, CA
    All your books will really pop against paint and look beautiful!
  • Gil Israel
    Fantastic job. I have a similar wall unit but in a formica or some other fake trying to appear to be wood material. I would like to paint it white. Any suggestions?
  • Brandi Hegerty Maryville, TN
    Kristin, you did a fantastic job on your bookcases. I did the same thing with an ugly brown entertainment center that I had. I painted it a creamy white, and it now fits into my bedroom decor. Great way to save. I look forward to seeing some more of your
  • Kristin San Marcos, CA
    Thanks so much Brandi! Gil...I would use oil based primer and paint so the paint will adhere.
  • Lynne Detroit, MI
    beautiful!..makes your room look brighter
  • Christine Upper Marlboro, MD
    Just found this via Hometalk. That ASCP paint you used on the back of your bookcase. Did you mix it? If it's that Duck Egg Blue, I've never seen it look so GOOD and not in-your-face blue! Very nice job.