Hometalk.com

08.15.13

Dining Room Turned Home Office

With the transitioning of some rooms in our home, we have finally made it to the formal dining room. We decided to turn this room into our home office and have it next to the new family room space. It is the perfect combination of work and play and we couldn't be happier with the results! I still need to decorate but here are the "bones" of the space updated to show how we organized our office space to be functional, practical, yet fun!
Time: 3 Hours Cost: $100 Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://www.blissfullyeverafter.net/2013/01/how-to-organize-home-office.html

9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    I'm sure it's a lot more useful now than it was as a formal dining room! Was that a hard decision to make? It looks great!
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Great plan Jennifer. We did this during the planning stages of our home. I drew up changes on blue prints for our architect and have never been sorry.
  • Creatively Living Richland, WA
    Looks really good and very organized!
  • Blissfully Ever After Kennewick, WA
    Miriam I you know, it was so easy to make. BUT, it took a little convincing to my Hubby because he wasn't visualizing what I was talking about at first until I found some inspiration photos
  • Blissfully Ever After Kennewick, WA
    Becky I'm so glad you love the results! It really does make useful space for the way families live today.
  • Blissfully Ever After Kennewick, WA
    Thanks Katie! Creatively Living
  • Creatively Living Richland, WA
    Once I finish enough project....I just want to move into a dump of a house so I can start all over again! lol
  • Creatively Living Richland, WA
    Opps, sorry Jen. Too many different social media avenues. lol I thought this was from your post on FB last night...the one about always wanting to do projects!
  • Patty Rumaker Dallas, TX
    So many people let their dining room sit there with some furniture and they never use that room. I think it is a great idea to use your square footage in the best way for you. Loving your space.
  • Likes

Lanae Follett Carolyn Bostic Susan blackburn Sharon Bush L.E. & Company Jennifer Patty Rumaker Kristen Zebley-Bossert