Shower and Tub Cleaner

Great Ideas 11.17.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
This is a quick and easy way to keep your shower clean in just two minutes a day.Just get a dish washing wand and fill the dispenser half with vinegar and half with liquid dish soap. Keep it in the shower. That way everything is ready to go. When you get in, wet the sponge, and scrub away. Next, well, take a shower. That's it. I do a little section of the shower each day and work my way around the whole area about twice a week.

If the mixture gets thick, just add a little water. Also, I would caution that it is important to rinse well, and keep out of eyes as you would any cleanser.

Time: 2 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
  • Mix half liquid dish detergent with half vinegar in dishwashing wand.
  • Scrub, rinse, done! Easy to maintain.

To see more:

• Teresa B.
    Teresa B. Chicago, IL
    Wet & Forget Shower only requires you to spray down the shower once a week then rinse it the next day. You don't have to wipe it down or scrub. I personally can't keep up with doing it everyday. So it you're like me might want to take a look!
  • Made From Pinterest
    Made From Pinterest El Dorado Hills, CA
    Gary, It would make me nervous to guarantee it. If you decide to tray it, I would make sure the scrubber part of the wand is very gentle and I would test it on a small area. My shower is tile, my scrubber is heavy duty and I haven't had any scratches.
  • Gary B
    Gary B Apopka, FL
    is this safe to use on marble ?
  • Terri White
    How easy! I have got to try this! Thanks!
  • Pieced Pastimes
    Pieced Pastimes Kingston, NH
    Sounds like a great idea. Definately going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.
  • Diane W
    Diane W Cookeville, TN
    how clever!
  • Made From Pinterest
    Made From Pinterest El Dorado Hills, CA
    So nice to hear from you all. We sure enjoy getting your comments.
  • Virginia
    Virginia Gainesville, GA
    Great idea I'll try it. Also, I cleaned my outside windows with cascade. You know the liquid elec. dish soap. They came out cleaner! But, you really have to rinse them well after. Wonder how that would work instead of the dawn? I'll try both.
  • Linda Jowers
    Linda Jowers Southaven, MS
    I've had some luck in using rubber flip-flops in the tub to keep from slipping while cleaning with this mixture. Also after cleaning & showering I clean my flip-flops. I have 2 pair that I wear around the house only [new carpeting, old linoleum] to keep
  • Amy W.
    Amy W. Clermont, FL
    Great Idea..Gonna def. be doing this in the hubbys shower....
  • Pam Miller
    Pam Miller Grants Pass, OR
    I would only caution that cleaning first could create a fall hazard due to being slippery. I am going to try this but will keep above in mind. :)
  • Linda McCarty
    Linda McCarty Woodland, CA
    POWERFUL yet GENTLE. It's a simple solution to an everyday problem :)
  • Linda W
    Linda W Cincinnati, OH
    I started doing this as well, with a few modifications. I do not have one of those shower heads that you can use to spray the shower walls so I use less Dawn & add alcohol. I have found that the shower still gets clean, there is less suds to rinse &
  • Bonni G
    Bonni G Manheim, PA
    Thank you! It works! Such a little thing! Woo-Hoo!
  • Ann S
    Ann S Kalamazoo, MI
    I have scrubbed one area a day working my way around already because of are hard water. But having it all in the wand-scrubby is a step up for sure & easier to use. Thanks
Made From Pinterest

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post