Stenciled/painted furniture

04.11.15
Purchased in Savers for $14. - Stenciled in Indian inlay technique - time consuming and tedius - but like the result. Needs touch-ups.
  • Sue A
    Sue A De Forest, WI
    Love it!
  • Bev Ritch
    Bev Ritch Baker City, OR
    Just curious if you glazed after, or used polyurathane to seal?
  • Kate F
    Kate F New Britain, CT
    I haven't yet but plan on sealing it somehow. I need to re-touch a cople of spots first in preparation for the sealer. I probably won't poly it 'cause I want the top to have a satin finish - not too shiny!
    • Gail Pucciarelli
      Gail Pucciarelli Kennebunkport, ME
      Kate F This is so nice! Just wanted to let you know there are matte finishes you can use to seal this that are water base. It would protect it and not have any shine . Very easy
  • Joline Cosman
    Joline Cosman Winooski, VT
    I was hoping for more in-production pictures, and more explanation. What is Indian Inlay technique mean ??? Time consuming ? Please detail for us non-stencillers... :)
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Joline Cosman the stencil mimics Indian bone inlay patterns. You can see an example of real bone inlay linked below.
  • Kate F
    Kate F New Britain, CT
    Yes Joline, just like the tray shown in Becky's link and the table below. Indian Inlay - if you remember those little trinket boxes that you could buy in hippie boutiques with essential oils etc, that have a Morrocan carved & bone inlay designs on the
  • Kate F
    Kate F New Britain, CT
    Joline - here's anothe link to try..... http://www.domesticimperfection.com/2012/07/...
  • Kate F
    Kate F New Britain, CT
    To Joline - I purchased several different kinds of stencils - some came in small sizes with sticky backs and some in long 15 -18" lengths so I began around the outer edge and worked my way inward by having a style in mind that i saw on the link I
  • Tami @ Curb Alert!
    Tami @ Curb Alert! Montgomery, TX
    very pretty.
  • Joline Cosman
    Joline Cosman Winooski, VT
    WOW !!! Very interesting !!! I see that this is just a sort of copy of that... Love your work !!!!!!! to Becky Blair, NE
  • Kate F
    Kate F New Britain, CT
    Today I did the touch-ups and fixed a couple of messy spots and then finished the front. Here's the finished product.
  • Jennifer G
    Jennifer G Clifton, CO
    So pretty!
  • Debra
    Debra Seymour, CT
    Do you have a regular email site that we can visit or get email on your updates and new projects that you do? I am so happy to find someone from Ct. as I also live in Ct., all of the sites that I follow are from the south and can not visit there stores
    • Kate F
      Kate F New Britain, CT
      Debra I do not. I was laid off two years ago and filled my time with projects. I pick up pieces at tag sales flea markets and on the side of the road. Some I have sold on Craigslist -
  • Jaypeeinaz
    Jaypeeinaz Melbourne, FL
    This project is far from simple I have to say!
  • Kate F
    Kate F New Britain, CT
    yes the top took some time but I love the result.
Kate F