IKEA Billy Bookcase Makeover

Crate furniture 02.19.16
I recently took part in a bookcase challenge and made over a plain white IKEA Billy bookcase. I wanted to give it a modern look with vibrant color, so that's exactly what I did! I added a new top and some trim to the bottom to dress it up, and I patched over the holes inside of the bookcase. I used a HomeRight Finish Max paint sprayer to coat it in high-gloss green paint, and I added birch tree wallpaper to the back. Then, I had fun styling the shelves! For a full tutorial, VISIT ERINSPAIN.COM AND SEARCH "BILLY BOOKCASE"!
This is the finished bookcase -- I had so much fun transforming it! CHECK OUT THE BLOG POST AT ERINSPAIN.COM for a full tutorial!

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Derenda
    Derenda Quinlan, TX
    Great piece. I'm making two tall skinny bookcases and that wallpaper in the background would be awesome!
  • PaulaKate
    PaulaKate Turner, ME
    wicked nice!
  • Superbee
    Superbee Thousand Oaks, CA
    That's beautiful. I love the green with trees in background. Very consistent with nature!!
  • Rosemary
    Rosemary Canton, MI
    Great job
  • Judy H
    Judy H San Diego, CA
    That came out really cute!
Erin-DIYOntheCheap